+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Warne

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Id dispute that we were defending too high. The problem we had when we switched to 3 at the back was defending to deep. The picture is first half vs Watford (see picture - same at Cov the game before). We could not get pressure on the ball.

The big change we made Second half was to defend much higher up the pitch and got back to our high press high pressure game.
    But it's about when you defend high and when you defend deep but football and tactics are one dimensional to such people as yourself.

Twitter pundits opinion on Paul Warne and the Millers >>>>>>>>

https://twitter.com/secondtierpod/st...039428/video/1

Paul Warne

One best managers in rotherhan history.

If you think it's his fault why we are in a relegation zone than your a idiot.

He is doing brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post

He is doing brilliant
    Yes, of course he is

So many managers we've had better than Warney. Warnock Evans Robins Ronnie 1st time Emlyne Porterfield then managers who brought young players through. Ist manager when I started watching Roth U Jack Mansel had a great footballing side.

It’s not Paul Warne’s fault that we’ve reached the pinnacle of achievement for the circumstances the club operates in. Restricted fan base, limited budgets, unfashionable club in a town with an overall negative image.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Why fans are happy to be safe and snug forever yoyo-ing between the lower divisions is beyond me. As a lifelong supporter of the Millers I would have just loved to have seen the promised land .
    I would be happy to support your efforts to buy the club and deliver us to the promised land.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    But it's about when you defend high and when you defend deep but football and tactics are one dimensional to such people as yourself.
    Too complicated for me BigLad. A weekly column from yourself on the intricacies of tactics would help people like myself to achieve a deeper understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post

He is doing brilliant
    He's not even best manager we had in last decade nevermind history totally deluded statement.

Ronnie Moore, Steve Evans and Neil Warnock kept us up at the first attempt and we got lucky with last year's promotion with the covid I don't think we would have got promoted otherwise especially after getting battered by Rochdale.

If PW has got any ambition in football, other than managing RUFC, then I think he is ready to step up to a bigger club (Huddersfield?) and big challenge either at the end of this season or maybe the next.
    He is proven at league one level, and has also proved that he can assemble a squad of players on a low budget at championship level, that can at least compete at that level with teams with way more money to spend, albeit at the relegation end of the league.
    I think some of our supporters are just starting to get a bit frustrated with him, and the yo yoing in recent seasons and maybe thinking we should be doing better given this is his third go in the championship? but totally oblivious to the realities of the finances at this level of football, money talks.
    Maybe his ambition is to make us a stable championship team on a regular basis? but given finances being as they are, I think that is unlikely, and even Sir Ronnie was sacked for not keeping us in this league back in the noughties.
    I dont want PW to leave, he has done a massive job for this club already, and for me is up there with all our best managers , but there does seem to be a bit of discontent brewing, so is he ready to challenge himself again and branch out? because the only way he will leave this club is if another club sound him out, or TS sacks him, and TS wont sack him and why would he?
    PW is well thought of in football circles and maybe now he has a bit of experience someone will come calling, I hope not ,but if he keeps us up this season, then for me that is a real possibility UTM

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast