+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir Shanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Wha the phuck is Billy Pirie?.
    He was so famous he made it into the last line of a Shed Boys song ‘and as for Billy Pirie you can stick him up yir hole’

FTD4life

Ah right that Billy Pirie, ok gotcha.
    He was a great goalscorer for Dundee ...although you already know that...much the same as Shankland the vast majority of his goals were in the lower league but will always be remembered...much the same as Shankland will go down in United history as the man who fired you back to the SPL after
    the 4 year jolly we sent you on...but that'll be as good as it gets for him...as you always like to say FACT

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    He was a great goalscorer for Dundee ...although you already know that...much the same as Shankland the vast majority of his goals were in the lower league but will always be remembered...much the same as Shankland will go down in United history as the man who fired you back to the SPL after
    the 4 year jolly we sent you on...but that'll be as good as it gets for him...as you always like to say FACT
    How many goals did he score after your promotion to the SPL mate?,i honestly don't know the answer.

‘We sent you on’ LOLs

Fact is Peter he's a striker you guys can only dream of having in your team, aye he fired us back to the big league, who's gonna fire you lot up, thats what i would be more concerned about if i were you, not what LS is doing for Dundee United.

How many goals did he score after your promotion to the SPL mate?,i honestly don't know the answer.
    I'm really not sure... wasn't many
    he went to Australia during our first season back...his overall total I doubt will ever be bettered 93 goals in 112 league games...we live in hope

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    He’s now got 5 and it’s February, quality effort, missed 2 one on ones with keeper , the moose definitely had a better record in the top league
    , said it before you have a poor mans Billy Pirie
    As Peter never got back to me i had to go and find out about Billy Pirie myself.In his only season for Dundee in the top flight he scored 6 goals.He left for Australia after being told by the Dundee manager Tommy gemmell that he would only be played in home games due to the survival tactics being employed away from home.
    Billy was sunning himself down under when the Dees returned to their old stomping ground Scottish Division one.He was also on a lounger in Australia when his former team mates lost a home cup final 0-3 in 1980.

I'm really not sure... wasn't many
    he went to Australia during our first season back...his overall total I doubt will ever be bettered 93 goals in 112 league games...we live in hope
    Sorry Peter i went and got it for you,his goal scoring record was something else i grant you,cannie blame him for leaving though.Not allowed to play away from home?.

Sorry Peter i went and got it for you,his goal scoring record was something else i grant you,cannie blame him for leaving though.Not allowed to play away from home?.
    Not saying that's not true but sure he started picking up a lot of injuries

Not saying that's not true but sure he started picking up a lot of injuries
    We are both right Peter,he was injured at the start of the SPL,but he did go down under the following March because he was told he would not be used in away games.
    He played 12 games in the SPL and scored 6 goals so still 1 in 2 in the top league, good going to be fair.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)