+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Sir Shanks

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Not sure how you come to that conclusion when Shankland has been playing for Scotland despite playing for us? Nisbet is there on merit. He's far more than just a 'tap in' player as has been suggested. Him & Shankland are very similar in the way they play for the team but Nisbet has done it a bit better this season. His movement, vision and range of passing is superb for a striker.
    Its blatantly obvious what i base my opinion on,if he was playing for us he would never have received the service he gets at Hibs and would probably be on a par with LOA in the goal scoring chart's.
    Hearts in the semi was the biggest game of his career and he blew it big time,he is not ready for Scotland imo but he will be in the future and i do rate him.

Don't agree on Nisbet. He's class. His general all round play is superb. He does everything Shanks does but just that wee bit better. Hadn't seen anything of him until this season but he really is a decent player. Better than Shanks imo. That won't go down well but he is.
    I havent seen as much of him as shanks. He scores goals and most of then half a yard oot? maybe im wrong - if his all round play is good then thats exactly what we need. a shanks v nesbitt 2 months ago - def nesbit now def neither of them! but hey ho

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Its blatantly obvious what i base my opinion on,if he was playing for us he would never have received the service he gets at Hibs and would probably be on a par with LOA in the goal scoring chart's.
    Hearts in the semi was the biggest game of his career and he blew it big time,he is not ready for Scotland imo but he will be in the future and i do rate him.
    agree at least shanks has shown he can score for scotland. interesting selection from clarke. see where it takes us. McBurnie hat tricks all the way lol

I get you. Perhaps not, but he's taken the chances and service he gets and deserves his call up. It was only a matter of time. He's a very clever footballer. I hadn't seen him at all until this season but was very surprised.

I'm not surprised by Shankland's omission, but at the same time find it ironic given he's now playing his best stuff of the season. The sitters he's been missing have probably been highlighted a bit too much and possibly persuaded Clarke that his confidence is shot.

Ian McCall has just reiterated exactly what i posted earlier that Nesbit is in and Shankland is out because of the way their club sides have played this season.
    McCall sympathised with LOA but also backed our manager for the way he has stabilised the club but lets all be honest here over the course of the season so far the style of play has never suited the strikers.

Ian McCall has just reiterated exactly what i posted earlier that Nesbit is in and Shankland is out because of the way their club sides have played this season.
    McCall sympathised with LOA but also backed our manager for the way he has stabilised the club but lets all be honest here over the course of the season so far the style of play has never suited the strikers.
    I could see that point earlier in the season, less so now. Shanks was in the squad when we were honking early on in the season and he wasn't scoring or playing well. Now he's playing better & scoring but out of the team? Nisbet was scoring for fun earlier in the season but not in the squad. He's now scored 1 goal in his last 10 and gets a call up!

I could see that point earlier in the season, less so now. Shanks was in the squad when we were honking early on in the season and he wasn't scoring or playing well. Now he's playing better & scoring but out of the team? Nisbet was scoring for fun earlier in the season but not in the squad. He's now scored 1 goal in his last 10 and gets a call up!
    I think a lot of this has to do with the two English strikers Clarke has picked mate but i do feel sorry for LOA he should have still been ahead of McBurnie.

I have doubts about Clarke and his judgement at times.
    Cant remember which game it was but pre match the press said he had a "dilemma" with both Robertson and Tierney now available.
    So what does he do, plays Tierney at LB and Andy at LWB completely strangling the performance out of them both. ****. Make a decision and back it.

Plus bringing McBurnie on before other better subs off the bench, mental. Last couple of times he's done that I've watched McBurnie and he hardly runs to close players down. Donkey 100% (will definitely score v England now!)

Then Armstrong was playing absolutely great for Southampton for months before he got a Scotland start. I'm not even sure Clarke watches some of these games.

On Nisbet, aye, very good player, I underrated him to begin with, deserves his chance.

Christie Armstrong McTominay McGinn McGregor Fraser some good midfielders now. Scotland definitely improving but could do with more games to get that settled blend before the Euros.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion when Shankland has been playing for Scotland despite playing for us? Nisbet is there on merit. He's far more than just a 'tap in' player as has been suggested. Him & Shankland are very similar in the way they play for the team but Nisbet has done it a bit better this season. His movement, vision and range of passing is superb for a striker.
    Difficult to compare, I've no doubt LS would have scored as much as Nisbet in this seasons hibs side, chances created compared to us this season

It's been pretty even similar since Shankland found some confidence in December

Good thing is he still has a chance to earn a place in the summer squad with 6 games left and the cup

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)