+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leicester Match day thread

A much better performance today. It's another point and a confidence booster. Silva unlucky to find a keeper of that class.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    I’ll take the draw against a top 3 team. Had chances today. Just gotta finish them off

Hope Jonny wasn’t brought back too soon. Surprised he didn’t get a few games as a sub before brought back into the starting lineup.
    Great result, didn’t get to see it but we shared possession, matched them for chances and didn’t concede with a back four with Coady and Kilman in the middle.

As you say, let’s hope Jonny is Ok🤞

0-0 after full time..

my thoughts.

we did not deserve to lose cos we we were equal to leicester for all the match..
    we did not deserve to win cos could not take advantage of easy (3) chances.

willian jose , not in the game at all...
    silva ..somebody for the future ?? maybe thats when we should play him then >>

all in all a fair result and a well earned point

Norton, we did play 3 at the back!

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    I don't think the boss agreed!! He must have felt a twinge I guess. Otto, not the boss.
    Nuno ... ""Jonny going off was something we decided between us, the medical staff and him. He played 45 and played good. It was a substitution regarding not today but the future."

Good result in the end, could have won it, could have lost it bit it's another useful point towards safety. Can't attach any blame to Silva for the "miss" he did the only thing he could have done with the ball and the keeper made a good save, which is what great keepers do.

As long as you don't look too closely at the details 4 points out of 6 against Arsenal and Leicester can't be sneezed at.

Please Nuno train some one else up for the corner and free kick duties because Moutinho is so hit and miss now with the quality of his delivery. I did think he had a good game today though.

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    Norton, we did play 3 at the back!
    Ok, as I say didn’t see it, I made assumptions based on the 11 picked... who was the third of the three Jonny?

The back three had Donk in there, along with Coady and Kilman. I thought Kilman had a very good game, some important blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    The back three had Donk in there, along with Coady and Kilman. I thought Kilman had a very good game, some important blocks.
    I caught up with MOTD so yes Dendoncker in for Boly, we are so much better balanced with a back three. Kilman's block from Barnes was a belter.

Silva should have hit his chance across the keeper not to the near post, he's very precise and assured for a youngster just not making the right decisions at times. I think it'll be better for him to have a few twenty minute runs although I wouldn't be surprised if he starts in the FA Cup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)