+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man Utd in for 3 youngsters

Man Utd in for 3 youngsters

Apparently paying £2M upfront and further payments through the season to stop administration.....

Who are the players? Anyone heard anything?

Where've you seen this Rich?

Sibley, Knight and Stretton is my guess

Well last window it was Leeds definitely coming in for Sibley and Knight...then a couple of weeks ago, just before the ‘window’ closed, West Ham were going to buy five of our ‘starlets’...and guess what? Nothing happened.

I’m still sceptical. Paper talk imo and, although I’m not sure about Stretton, they can’t move for Sibley, Knight or Buchanan until the next window now anyway can they?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Well last window it was Leeds definitely coming in for Sibley and Knight...then a couple of weeks ago, just before the ‘window’ closed, West Ham were going to buy five of our ‘starlets’...and guess what? Nothing happened.

I’m still sceptical. Paper talk imo and, although I’m not sure about Stretton, they can’t move for Sibley, Knight or Buchanan until the next window now anyway can they?
    Stret is 19 so a full professional and they can't sign him till the summer.

Change of thought, probably Buchanan instead of Stretton

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Change of thought, probably Buchanan instead of Stretton
    All a bit academic though as they can't sign them until the summer IF they are even after them.

In reality, this thread was started after the window was shut and one would hope we weren't still in dire financial straits come the summer. I put the whole thing down to "column inch filling".

Could sign pre contracts though with some money up front to tide us over?

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Could sign pre contracts though with some money up front to tide us over?
    I hope not. Sibs is one for the future but not a PL top 6 player IMO. Knight might turn into a Roy Keane. Buchanan? Rooney says he's already one of the best left backs in the country and the more likely of the 3 to interest ManU.

I'd hate any of them to go there.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)