+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Steam 46100 Royal Scot and 70000 Britannia

O/T Steam 46100 Royal Scot and 70000 Britannia

Another one of my occasional steam hauled train videos...

https://youtu.be/cLXnHwv6lQA

I have been keeping up with all the comments but health has been a problem over Christmas so no comments..
    Hopefully we can build on a much better performance against Leicester with two wins against Southampton..

Quote Originally Posted by DorsetGoldandBlack2 View Post
    Another one of my occasional steam hauled train videos...

https://youtu.be/cLXnHwv6lQA

I have been keeping up with all the comments but health has been a problem over Christmas so no comments..
    Hopefully we can build on a much better performance against Leicester with two wins against Southampton..
    Sorry to hear you have been a bit "crook" mate, hope you shake it off soon. Love the movie clip, just wish it had been the "Brit" out front. Probably one of my favorite loco classes, although not too popular with the drivers. Classic clean look to the design and were stunning with the green livery all polished up. Weren't common in Wolverhampton usually had to go to Stafford or Birmingham for a siting. Although they did occasionally appear on the "Pines Express" which passed the bottom of our street. Great days!

Stay safe.

Thanks DGB2, I really enjoyed those clips. Hope you are better now. Good to see you posting again. Best wishes.

Hi guys,

We recently returned from a short break in North Devon and visited Minehead. I know some of you are quite keen steam train enthusiasts (as is my Brother-in-Law), so I took this photo ....Name:  20210908_132249.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  82.2 KB

Watcha Dorset, good to see you are alive and well!

Thanks for the pic, I visited that line myself a few years ago, a great day out.

Quite familiar with the locomotive as it was stationed at Shrewsbury and Oswerstry for most of it's life and so was a regular visitor to Oxley shed which was close to my home. Although I am pretty sure it never looked as clean as it does above!

Nice pic Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    Nice pic Bill.
    Thanks Wokes.....

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)