+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are magpies French?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Just had a read of Alec Salmond's written evidence. Of course it is one side of the argument but I have him at 40 love if it was a tennis match. Telling that all the opposition MSP leaders at last s
    eem to have wakened up to the fact that this is not some awkward wee tiff within the SNP family. Not sure about the effect on SNP supporters but it does make me wonder about the system of democracy in Scotland. There does not appear to be much of a liklihood that SNP are going to face electoral defeat any time soon unless the people turn against this particular set of politicians.
    Last night I was reading posts about this on the Herald website and a lot of people who voted Yes at the 2014 independence referendum have admitted that they will not vote Yes again. Some Yes voters do not want another independence referendum in a generation.
    They are fed up with the control over our lives being exerted by Nicola Sturgeon and her henchmen.
    In my opinion it has been one cover up after another.
    The original inquiry was to be on the same lines as the Dundee City Council investigation into pupils coming home from Kingspark School with unexplained bruises. SNP controlled Dundee City Council laid down what was to be investigated and selected the ‘so called’ independent investigator. It was another hopeless investigation to get the certain Dundee City councillors off the hook.
    Michael Russell the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Lifelong Learning at the time was not aware what was happening at Kingspark School despite him ultimately being responsible.
    After an outcry this Scottish Government investigation has been greatly expanded to investigate everything and not have yet another ‘box ticking’ exercise.

Just had a read of Alec Salmond's written evidence. Of course it is one side of the argument but I have him at 40 love if it was a tennis match. Telling that all the opposition MSP leaders at last seem to have wakened up to the fact that this is not some awkward wee tiff within the SNP family. Not sure about the effect on SNP supporters but it does make me wonder about the system of democracy in Scotland. There does not appear to be much of a liklihood that SNP are going to face electoral defeat any time soon unless the people turn against this particular set of politicians.
    Its a corrupt wee country.

A lot of Indy supporters are prepared to turn a blind eye, some notable ones.....like Jim Sillars ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Last night I was reading posts about this on the Herald website and a lot of people who voted Yes at the 2014 independence referendum have admitted that they will not vote Yes again. Some Yes voters do not want another independence referendum in a generation.
    They are fed up with the control over our lives being exerted by Nicola Sturgeon and her henchmen.
    In my opinion it has been one cover up after another.
    The original inquiry was to be on the same lines as the Dundee City Council investigation into pupils coming home from Kingspark School with unexplained bruises. SNP controlled Dundee City Council laid down what was to be investigated and selected the ‘so called’ independent investigator. It was another hopeless investigation to get the certain Dundee City councillors off the hook.
    Michael Russell the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Lifelong Learning at the time was not aware what was happening at Kingspark School despite him ultimately being responsible.
    After an outcry this Scottish Government investigation has been greatly expanded to investigate everything and not have yet another ‘box ticking’ exercise.
    Islay, what has surprised me is the way that party politics has been set aside by the non SNP parties. Jackie Baillie has been superb in explaining that there are fundamental issues to discuss and solve. I hope that this discussion stays on principled lines but I fear that this will not happen. I doubt that independence is something that we should be pushing for just now. It seems Brexit is going to be different from our previous trading regime with the EU and it seems prudent to wait and see how things progress before holding a second independence referendum.
    Perhaps this has been the real conspiracy? Let Nicola lead for so long that she runs out of steam and then engineer a crisis within the SNP membership that can only be solved by the return of Alec Salmond as leader.

It might actually be quite helpful for Scotland to have a parliament where there is no coalition that seeks independence as their principal policy.

Interesting times.

Islay, what has surprised me is the way that party politics has been set aside by the non SNP parties. Jackie Baillie has been superb in explaining that there are fundamental issues to discuss and solve. I hope that this discussion stays on principled lines but I fear that this will not happen. I doubt that independence is something that we should be pushing for just now. It seems Brexit is going to be different from our previous trading regime with the EU and it seems prudent to wait and see how things progress before holding a second independence referendum.
    Perhaps this has been the real conspiracy? Let Nicola lead for so long that she runs out of steam and then engineer a crisis within the SNP membership that can only be solved by the return of Alec Salmond as leader.

It might actually be quite helpful for Scotland to have a parliament where there is no coalition that seeks independence as their principal policy.

Interesting times.
    In my opinion the SNP leaders should have practiced what they preached. Salmond told us that it was a ‘once in a generation independence referendum in September 2014 but as soon as the Yes supporters lost they were shouting for another independence referendum as soon as possible.
    At that point Alex Salmond and his deputy Nicola Sturgeon should have told their Yes supporters to accept the result of the independence referendum and move on.
    However they did not and my useless SNP MSP Michael Russell told me in a email in January 2020 that he considers a generation to be as little four years long.
    Michael Russell was previously the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Life Long Learning.
    No wonder Education in Scotland has gone done the tubes since the SNP took over controlling Scottish Government policy in May 2007 when Michael Russell thinks that a generation is only 4 years long.
    Time for Michael Russell to be admitted to the remedial class at school.

Just had a read of Alec Salmond's written evidence. Of course it is one side of the argument but I have him at 40 love if it was a tennis match. Telling that all the opposition MSP leaders at last seem to have wakened up to the fact that this is not some awkward wee tiff within the SNP family. Not sure about the effect on SNP supporters but it does make me wonder about the system of democracy in Scotland. There does not appear to be much of a liklihood that SNP are going to face electoral defeat any time soon unless the people turn against this particular set of politicians.
    Where did you read Alex Salmond’s written evidence.

In my opinion the SNP leaders should have practiced what they preached. Salmond told us that it was a ‘once in a generation independence referendum in September 2014 but as soon as the Yes supporters lost they were shouting for another independence referendum as soon as possible.
    At that point Alex Salmond and his deputy Nicola Sturgeon should have told their Yes supporters to accept the result of the independence referendum and move on.
    However they did not and my useless SNP MSP Michael Russell told me in a email in January 2020 that he considers a generation to be as little four years long.
    Michael Russell was previously the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Life Long Learning.
    No wonder Education in Scotland has gone done the tubes since the SNP took over controlling Scottish Government policy in May 2007 when Michael Russell thinks that a generation is only 4 years long.
    Time for Michael Russell to be admitted to the remedial class at school.
    We had the 'how long is a generation' argument before and you lost. Can you not just move on?

Where did you read Alex Salmond’s written evidence.
    Spectator magazine, wings over Scotland etc etc..unredacted version freely available.

Quite amazing how quickly people are to pull the wool over their own eyes.

The MSM/BBC have such an easy job in Scotland with so many gullibilies in the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Quite amazing how quickly people are to pull the wool over their own eyes.

The MSM/BBC have such an easy job in Scotland with so many gullibilies in the population.
    Agree. BOTH sides of this discussion need to be examined. I have taken from your comment that you think everything is fine and dandy and anyone who is concerned about the situation is gullible.

Let's hear the evidence. It's on TV now. Not much light so far

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    We had the 'how long is a generation' argument before and you lost. Can you not just move on?
    How did I lose.
    Anyone throughout the world with a ‘half a brain’ apart from the YES supporters knows that a generation is at least twenty years long if not longer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)