+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Don’s eleven v St.Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We should have played a back for ages ago. He didn't want to change it because he's incapable and doesn't want anyone to think he's wrong.

We should also have had a back up plan for the fleeting moments wright and Hedges were good.

Those are things I and most of the posters here picked up on but somehow he can't? Mental.
    I liked the 3421 formation at the start of the season as it allowed us to fit more attacking players into the team and as you say it worked well with wright hedges and Watkins.

It doesn’t work now though. I’ve said before that mcinnes never changes things when everyone else knows he should because he doesn’t admit he’s wrong. Instead he gets the tombola out when everyone wants him to keep things the same.

I’d switch to 442 and use Ferguson and mccrorie as the box to box midfielders that they are, and Hayes and Kennedy / McGinn as wingers with 2 strikers to aim their terrible crosses at. The problem is that whatever formation he plays Mcinnes wants his wingers to basically operate as second full backs doing more defending than attacking.

One of the major problems we have with McInnes is him insisting he starts a huge percentage of matches with one striker.
    If Kamberi is fit enough to play how about we go with 3 up front (and I mean up front)...Kamberi, Hornby and Hendry. If he insists on having a back 3 (Hoban, Taylor and Considine) I would like Hayes, Ferguson, McCrorie and Kennedy playing a far more attack minded midfield 4.
    McInnes has nothing to lose...we are getting beat too often now anyway, not scoring goals and playing terrible football. Let’s try something different.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    One of the major problems we have with McInnes is him insisting he starts a huge percentage of matches with one striker.
    If Kamberi is fit enough to play how about we go with 3 up front (and I mean up front)...Kamberi, Hornby and Hendry. If he insists on having a back 3 (Hoban, Taylor and Considine) I would like Hayes, Ferguson, McCrorie and Kennedy playing a far more attack minded midfield 4.
    McInnes has nothing to lose...we are getting beat too often now anyway, not scoring goals and playing terrible football. Let’s try something different.
    We definitely need to be more attack minded but your plan won't work I'm afraid. Given how little football all 3 have played recently the chances of any of them lasting 90 minutes effectively is zero so we would end the game with no forwards on the park under that plan. I do think we need to only start with one holding midfielder at home to St Mirren. I would play a 4132 formation, probably something like this

Lewis
    Logan Hoban Considine Leigh
    McRorie
    Kennedy Ferguson Hayes
    Hornby Hendry

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I liked the 3421 formation at the start of the season as it allowed us to fit more attacking players into the team and as you say it worked well with wright hedges and Watkins.
    This, in a nutshell sums up the great leaders problem.

3421 worked well when we had the players to play it.

We’ve lost the 3 players that made it effective - all of them - yet he still sticks with it.

That is either arrogance, stupidity or a basic lack of fitba knowledge.

Whatever one it is - or combination - it’s certainly nae worth a fuuckin £750k a year salary or fitever he’s on.

Wise up min...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    We definitely need to be more attack minded but your plan won't work I'm afraid. Given how little football all 3 have played recently the chances of any of them lasting 90 minutes effectively is zero so we would end the game with no forwards on the park under that plan. I do think we need to only start with one holding midfielder at home to St Mirren. I would play a 4132 formation, probably something like this

Lewis
    Logan Hoban Considine Leigh
    McRorie
    Kennedy Ferguson Hayes
    Hornby Hendry
    Leigh is still injured , ishenae ? But Left back aside , and me just being an auld glimmer . Thats a 442 !!!

Which is fine.

Exactly 3 2 1 2 1 1 and all that s'hite.

You'd think a good old fashioned 4 just stood in a straight line.

It never was table fitba.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Exactly 3 2 1 2 1 1 and all that s'hite.

You'd think a good old fashioned 4 just stood in a straight line.

It never was table fitba.
    Formations are for poofs.

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Is this likely borefest still happening today? And is anyone watching it?

Aberdeen: Lewis, McCrorie, Hoban, Considine, Kennedy, Campbell, McGinn, Ferguson, Hayes, Kamberi, Hornby.

Only 2 defenders, god knows what formation that is.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast