+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Don’s eleven v St.Mirren

Top Don’s eleven v St.Mirren

After a resounding vote of confidence from our pearly white chairman, Derek McInnes is again in charge of team selection, tactics and game management against Jim Goodwin and St.Mirren. This should be a right goal fest so NaeMairNeep’s wine will be dusted down and presented to the lucky winner.
    I predict a 2-zip victory for us with Hornby opening his account for the Dons.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    After a resounding vote of confidence from our pearly white chairman, Derek McInnes is again in charge of team selection, tactics and game management against Jim Goodwin and St.Mirren. This should be a right goal fest so NaeMairNeep’s wine will be dusted down and presented to the lucky winner.
    I predict a 2-zip victory for us with Hornby opening his account for the Dons.
    Is this sarcasm or real posivity. I think we should be told.

Ah said efter oor last two embarrassments v Smirn that they were a far better team than we gave them credit for, and were mair responsible for makin us look ****e than we managed oorsels.
    Ah also put the tinfoil hat on and stated that Jim Goodwin was the manager mair involved in the games, constantly drivin his 'herd' and gettin every drip o' sweat, blood an' effort oot o' his apparently less gifted ensemble.

Since then ....

Mair teams have made us look ****e, but wi oorsels makin a bigger contribution.

St Mirren have (despite a wee lull) pushed on up the table and papped the huns oot o' a cup.

Goodwin, in spite o' bein a horrible cuunt, now looks like a good alternative tae Dee Mee in the eyes o' a surprisinly elevated number o' Dandies.

.... And so this game is as big a bloody litmus test as the Hibs game wis.

Deek? 2 windows in advance? .... works two games behind ... so has prob got the measure, and the beatin' o' Smirn sussed ..... on paper!

.... might even hae the team fired up for revenge ... but ...

The players? .... how many will take the field fa played Smirn the last 2 occasions? ... and do they hae enough?

... Ah'm bankin on a big rallyin call across the board, and a 3-1 win for oor beloved, useless b@stard reds in a bleed n' snotters contest ... nae a single goal resultin fae a decent cross or an intelligent through ball.

... Oh .. and masel mincin' gingerly ower icy pavements tryin nae tae skite on ma airse and brak that eagerly contestit bottle o' plonk!

As I am now coming off the back of three in a row I am sticking with my two option approach and nae wine for me.
    Option 1 - at best an eye bleeding 0-0 borefest
    Option 2 - 0-2 St Midden.

Again I am hoping to fk I am wrong but I have seen the square root of sweet fk all in any of our last four or five games to give me even the smallest of smallest hints of confidence that we have the players or quality to turn this around.

Cmon McHunis prove me wrong ffs

Action replay of the last couple of games against them*

Outfought and outplayed by a team and a bunch of players on a fraction of the budget.

1 or 2 nil to them with the usual complete failure to get decent crosses into the box or create and take any chances.

We go again...

* Unless he learns from his mistakes, switches to 4 at the back to push the “wing” backs further up the park and try to give them a chance to show some attacking intent.

If he does, we might just possibly, maybe, perhaps get a result.

Stick with the 3 at the back setup, St Mirren will just press us and we won’t cope so forget it.
    Last edited by The_Moog; 09-02-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Action replay of the last couple of games against them*

Outfought and outplayed by a team and a bunch of players on a fraction of the budget.

1 or 2 nil to them with the usual complete failure to get decent crosses into the box or create and take any chances.

We go again...

* Unless he learns from his mistakes, switches to 4 at the back to push the “wing” backs further up the park and try to give them a chance to show some attacking intent.

If he does, we might just possibly, maybe, perhaps get a result.

Stick with the 3 at the back setup, St Mirren will just press us and we won’t cope so forget it.
    I’d like to see a back 4 aswell with Logan starting. No doubting his commitment to the cause, he’s fired in a few crunching tackles on the odd occasion he’s got on the pitch. He’s definitely putting the beef on a bit this season though, must be the mandatory pies at lunchtime on the plumbing jobs.

We should have played a back for ages ago. He didn't want to change it because he's incapable and doesn't want anyone to think he's wrong.

We should also have had a back up plan for the fleeting moments wright and Hedges were good.

Those are things I and most of the posters here picked up on but somehow he can't? Mental.

4 4 2

Anything else for us is complete b’ollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We should have played a back for ages ago. He didn't want to change it because he's incapable and doesn't want anyone to think he's wrong.

We should also have had a back up plan for the fleeting moments wright and Hedges were good.

Those are things I and most of the posters here picked up on but somehow he can't? Mental.
    *four*

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast