+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beggars belief

Beggars belief

In Bielsas first game V Stoke, EIGHT of the first 11 started that game, The same EIGHT players are sitting 10th in the Premier League, Remarkable...

Not really Pete,it just shows the standard of the premier league apart from the top 6/7 clubs..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Not really Pete,it just shows the standard of the premier league apart from the top 6/7 clubs..
    Alf mate,The above said match was 3 seasons ago, When we were a mid-table side in the championship,

He has certainly brought out the best in a number of players.

Obviously Bielsa is quite good 😎
    But it also shows how shyte our previous coaches were.

For bielsa to do this shows how good he is, it's like someone taking qpr or Millwall up as champions in their second season and playing free flowing football, I can't see mourinho or klopp doing this without spending millions.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Think it more shows a different in quality of coaching, those same 8 more or less were midtable fodder year before that

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    For bielsa to do this shows how good he is, it's like someone taking qpr or Millwall up as champions in their second season and playing free flowing football, I can't see mourinho or klopp doing this without spending millions.
    Mourinho won the European cup with Porto
    Klopp got Mainz in to the Bundesliga according to klopp his greatest achievement

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Alf mate,The above said match was 3 seasons ago, When we were a mid-table side in the championship,
    Agreed Pete,but what I'm saying is the bottom 14 clubs in the premier are still only average mid table championship sides but in the a Premier league.. Will admit Bielsa is doing a great job at Leeds though so good luck to him..

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I think that's the irony with Biesla, our football is not as free flowing as much as people think.

Yes its great to watch and at times we do get to see individual brilliance etc. However I think we more often play football by numbers, by this I mean the team utilises set plays/routines according to where and who has the ball and how the opposition are set up.

I think this is why a lot of new players take a while to integrate, (learning these set plays/routines), whilst existing players seem to improve as the team get better at selecting the right plays for the situation. Some might say this is just tactics however I feel we are even more structured than that.

In no way am I knocking it, its really interesting to see how its done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)