+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V Brighton

V Brighton

Keep the same line up or bring back Douglas? I think Naky deserves another outing.
    A draw at Brighton is nit a disaster but im sure they have only won 1 home game this season. We all know H & A makes no difference without the crowds, think this is why teams like us are doing better away from home!
    I will go with a 1-1 for a change.

Ps everyone okay, awfully quiet on here lately! Even Bongo has done one.

Play the strongest side based on who is/isn't available - we have not done too well in the games against them and they can pull out a performance as shown vs Spurs recently. Luiz doesn't deserve to lose his place in my view, Barkley isn't a 90minute player yet so should work his socks off for an hour until his fitness improves.

The press stating BHA have an injury crisis and playing tonight, hopefully pick a couple more! 😙

Looks like they are fielding a weaker team for cup game, saving a bit for us? Maybe we could play with Marv as defensive mid and push Douggie a bit further forward, resting either Barkley or SJM, we could then switch it later in the game,might give Deano a chance to see how Douggie links up with Ollie when playing closer to him, if he can pick out Ollies movement it gives BHA defence a whole new problem.Also as a bonus imagine facing a furious at being dropped SJM for the last 30 minutes of a game, or a Barkley needing to prove a point.

Like the cut of your gib there oldskool, sadly I don't think Deano thinks the same way but hopefully the addition of Sanson will give him further food for thought.

Just seen Potters pre match interview, he's got a patched up team, 3 players will be given up to the last minute!

Oh well the patched up team ran us ragged. Lucky to get a point but will take it. Martynez superb again..

'Is anyone in there'🙄

POOR performance by team and management, Potter outthought Dean again. We were over-run in the middle from the start. Barkley should have come off at half time and brought Sanson on. We looked much better when he did come on. Never mind a point was all we deserved.

A poor all-round display, excluding the CBs and Emi.

We have too many passengers, who never have an average game. They are either sh1te or outstanding. Their outstanding moments are as rare as ‘rocking horse sh1t’, a flick here, or a good pass there.

Not one of the wide three is good enough over a season, and are all too often toothless. 3 Prem standard wide men for a total of 40m? One decent wide man would cost that, you get what you pay for I suppose.

Our midfield has been overrun too many times and looks knackered. I’d start Sanson AND Ramsey vs Lista, with Ross ‘head up his ar5e’ Barkley and SJM having a breather. Jack and Ollie look worn out too, but we have no credible reinforcements for them to rest up.

We are an inconsistent mid-table side, which thankfully, is still a huge improvement on last season. We just need to remember this when the ‘Europe here we come brigade’ start up again. Mid-table teams lose and draw quite a few games over a season, with a few good wins thrown in.

So all is not lost, fellow Villans. Mid-table would be brilliant THIS season, a commendable effort.

Onwards & Upwards

Well, when you get the Captain doing interviews saying "we want European football' This year....erh reality check! We all thought top 10 would be a great achievement for me, it will be. from where we was last term, the thought of relegation and all that goes with it, should be major sobering thought.
    It was a bad performance alright But we came away unbeaten, another clean sheet, Martynez was so good, I can hear all the Gooners still crying!
    Still 8th and just 4 pts off Liverpool with two games in hand!
    Home game v Liecester up next, massive improvement needed. Lets see....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)