+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leicester Match day thread

Leicester Match day thread

Posted at 13:0213:02
    BREAKING
    Team news
    Wolves v Leicester (14:00 GMT)

A pair of changes for Wolves from the win over Arsenal, with Jonny and Leander Dendoncker replacing Willy Boly and Daniel Podence, who are not in the squad at all.

Wolves XI: Rui Patrício, Pedro Neto, Rúben Neves, Willian José, Conor Coady (C), Jonny, Nélson Semedo, João Moutinho, Leander Dendoncker, Adama Traoré, Maximilian Kilman

Subs: John Ruddy, Ki-Jana Hoever, Fábio Silva, Morgan Gibbs-White, Vitinha, Romain Saïss, Lewis Richards, Owen Otasowie, Nigel Lonwijk

Leicester are unchanged from their win over Fulham and there's good news for the Foxes as Jamie Vardy is named on the bench after missing out through injury since mid-January.

Leicester City XI: Kasper Schmeichel (C), James Justin, Çaglar Söyüncü, Jonny Evans, Youri Tielemans, James Maddison, Kelechi Iheanacho, Harvey Barnes, Ayoze Pérez, Hamza Choudhury, Ricardo Pereira

Subs: Danny Ward, Jamie Vardy, Marc Albrighton, Daniel Amartey, Cengiz Ünder, Nampalys Mendy, Christian Fuchs, Luke Thomas, Vontae Daley-Campbell

I’m surprised to see Jonny starting, and Boly out again? Looks like we’re rushing players back?

Neves could have put us ahead. Corner falls to him and he crushes it over the cross bar. Good chance though

Neto takes it coast to coast, lays it off for Traore who has his shot blocked for a corner. Close

Did I miss much! Late out of bed. The last fif**** looked OK we seemed to be more than holding our own. Nice to see no Vardy out there lets hope it stays that way.

Disgraceful dive from Samedo. Should have booked the bugger.

0-0 half time.. about right.
    two easy chances for wulfies missed by neves and traore.

jonny doing ok.
    just a pity we have not capitalised on all the work neto has done.
    donc seems to be his old self.
    wulfies doing ok so far

ht 0-0 and it's all to play for. Again I've been most impressed with Neto's performance and now, contrary to the opinion of most others, I'm convinced that he has proven to be a worthy substitute for either Jota or Doc. Wolves improved as the game progressed and I still think we can get something from this. Nice to see Jonny back in the fold. COYW !!!

Tell you what, I think Wolves look a MUCH better side with Jonny in it. I might well be over-emphasising Jonny influence on the side, but without doubt with him on the pitch we are playing much better

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Tell you what, I think Wolves look a MUCH better side with Jonny in it. I might well be over-emphasising Jonny influence on the side, but without doubt with him on the pitch we are playing much better
    I don't think the boss agreed!! He must have felt a twinge I guess. Otto, not the boss.

I’ll take the draw against a top 3 team. Had chances today. Just gotta finish them off

Hope Jonny wasn’t brought back too soon. Surprised he didn’t get a few games as a sub before brought back into the starting lineup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)