+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonights games

Tonights games

A midweek off for the Alex, BUT

what results do we want from the other games?

Do we want the top teams to lose to give us a chance.

Do we want teams around us to keep our position or

Do we want teams at the bottom to lose?

Or just everybody to draw?

Every one a draw.

Most desired as I will be viewing, Man. Utd. to lose. Also a near impossible hope that for the first time ever the referee will not blatantly side for them. Wouldn`t it be nice to see for once their players being sent off for their cynical tactical fouls

I assume you nodded off after about 10 minutes of that bore fest, lukcour! At least it was free.

I think the results generally went in our favour. I had no expectations from Swindon against Pompey. Let's hope they're as accommodating when we go there. The best thing that can happen is for us to start winning again!

Yes it was a boring game. Personally I do not rate Utd. as a good Premiership side, and have to admit surprised they are in second place. At the same time have to admit one part of their game is excellent, forever whinging and complaining to the referees. Convinced referees are scared by them.

Think we came off good with the results.

Watched the rugby last Saturday and the tackles were fast and very hard. They just got on with it . Watched the Premiership highlights later and if a foreign player got touched on the ankle he would fall over , do 2-3 rolls and hold his face. The refs need to get a grip of this and book them.

To be fair this sort of overreacting is not restricted to foreign players, although I have often felt, to my shame, that the Portuguese seem especially prone to picking up agonising injuries which can be run off with the quick application of a sponge and some strategic limping for a second or two. How Wolves ended the match against Saints ended up with 11 fit players is a mystery.... or should Southampton have had rather more cards?

Anyway, back to my original less xenophobic point. Please don’t try to convince me that Grealish, Kane, Vardy Rasford et al are any less guilty than their foreign teammates at what is euphemistically called simulation - although if referees cannot spot a foul (with or without VAR) then players will always try to make sure they see it as such. Or, as the sainted Mr Artell has been saying for the past fortnight, if they can’t tell the difference between a mistimed challenge and a leg breaker, then the players’ careers are in danger.

Got to admit,
    one the things that irks me about the Alex players is the whinging and moaning during a game. If we get a free kick, then certain players surround the ref demanding cards, yellow or red. Do they think they are premership players or what?

Coming out of semi retirement to comment on a bug bear of mine
    Forward/midfielder gets near defender who turns his back on said player and then falls to ground....free kick. Pundits opinion...he drew the foul, good professional play.
    Why?
    It’s *******s. 22 players know it’s not a foul.
    In the penalty area, similar scenario but the forward goes down, don’t get me started!

A similar thing bugs me about penalties. Endless replays to find evidence of 'contact' when contact should not be a criterion. Contact is not the same as a foul. So when someone goes down in the box just because someone's body part has lightly brushed theirs, I cannot see why a penalty should be given.
    I also, like TM, am a little disturbed at the creeping tendency of Alex players to rush to the referee brandishing imaginary cards. It's distasteful and, in the long-term, probably counter-productive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast