+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

I don't know if it's ever been said but it's a funny old game. Forty minutes of dominance with nothing to show for it and we wind up on the wrong end of a 2-1 score line. It's all about taking your opportunities and ironing out the errors in defence and we did neither tonight. Still out of the bottom 3 but the games in hand have now all but gone. On to Saturday where hopefully we can turn it around.

Thoughts?

Good game and two very good goals. What can you say about the officials? Hopefully the moderator will see to the ref and the lino on the West stand side being demoted to a level commensurate with their ability - pub league.

Well played boys. We deserved at least a point.

We won't be relegated. Carry on how we have been playing, minus the errors that crept in tonight, we will keep picking up points and results. It wasn't our night, everything seemed to go against us, it wont be like that every game and it hasn't been. We will stay in this league. UTM!!

Good summary. Good first half but increasingly i km the 2nd half the ***** thing was that they were invariably picking up the 2nd balls and so stopping our ability to put concerted pressure on and whilst they handled our big hitters quite well, we looked vulnerable to their big lads up top. Weather and stoppages didn't help but we too often losing the 2nd ball before the snow and causing me to scare the child with my incessant screaming. Not saying it was deserved, but it was no surprise that they nicked it.

Disappointed but let’s not play the blame game . This game was a reversal of sat when we got murdured first half . We move on to sat and I would say if we can play like we did first half for the rest of the season we should win more than we lose. Let’s get behind the millers because it’s going to a bumpy ride .

These late goals are killing us.

I thought ref was toss
    We should have won it in first half
    How Harding stayed on pitch is beyond me, that has got to have been his worse since being here but I’ve always said I don’t like him doing wing back
    Johansson had a mare for first goal but where was defending? He did do well though rest of game
    Wing needs to calm down
    Disappointed we didn’t at least get a point
    Motm Smith.
    I could see the white ball better

Twitter vote is for
    Smith
    Crooks
    Robertson
    Johansson
    Last edited by millertop; 09-02-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Played well for the most part but the lack of concentration on two occasions cost us. Hey oh.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I don't know if it's ever been said but it's a funny old game. Forty minutes of dominance with nothing to show for it and we wind up on the wrong end of a 2-1 score line. It's all about taking your opportunities and ironing out the errors in defence and we did neither tonight. Still out of the bottom 3 but the games in hand have now all but gone. On to Saturday where hopefully we can turn it around.

Thoughts?
    Funny old game is right
    Had we made the most of our pressure in the first half, not gifted them the goals and got a fair shake from the ref we would have won the game and been two points behind them with a game in hand. As it is they are 11th, 8 points above us in 20th place.

As you say - on to Saturday and keep taking the blood pressure meds

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Disappointed but let’s not play the blame game . This game was a reversal of sat when we got murdured first half . We move on to sat and I would say if we can play like we did first half for the rest of the season we should win more than we lose. Let’s get behind the millers because it’s going to a bumpy ride .
    Not sure why we keep taking Olusundae off and switching Harding over ? Olly is a lot better all round player.

As I said prematch why is Shaun Mac not starting ? He’s the messter to control the game ?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast