+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    An extremely difficult game in front of the cameras on Friday night against the league leaders and favourites for the Championship title. Only played the Jambos around 70 times in our history and tasted victory about 9 or 10 times so to even get a point in this game would be an amazing result to be honest !
    Stewart Cochrane made his Queens debut versus Hearts in Scottish Cup at Tynecastle in a replay, Queens lost ! Remember driving on "L" plates beside my uncle to the game from Dumfries. Highlight for me was Wullie Johnston getting sent off, he was getting by his best then.

Quote Originally Posted by topfitter View Post
    Stewart Cochrane made his Queens debut versus Hearts in Scottish Cup at Tynecastle in a replay, Queens lost ! Remember driving on "L" plates beside my uncle to the game from Dumfries. Highlight for me was Wullie Johnston getting sent off, he was getting by his best then.

that would have been the replay after the famous barny davidson show in the first leg 1-1 draw best goalkeeping performance iv ever seen barney pulled off miraculous stops for the whole 90 mins one after another ,i can remember the hearts fans throwing there scarfs on the pitch near the end just before thay got the late equiliser to take it to replay .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    that would have been the replay after the famous barny davidson show in the first leg 1-1 draw best goalkeeping performance iv ever seen barney pulled off miraculous stops for the whole 90 mins one after another ,i can remember the hearts fans throwing there scarfs on the pitch near the end just before thay got the late equiliser to take it to replay .
    Davidson was probably the best keeper in Scotland around that time, however he was a complete lunatic and that probably cost him in terms of playing at a far higher level. Remember going to parkhead when frank mcgarvey was manager and him pulling off save after save and walking away with the mom in a 2.1 defeat. Celtic fans were doing the same by throwing scarves onto the pitch in disgust at the way Celtic couldn't get the ball past him. Absolutely outstanding keeper in every aspect. Crosses, kicking, shot stopping, talking. He had everything. However his betting, drinking, arguing, and general attitude stopped bigger teams from coming in for him. Another story of wasted talent in this country

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Davidson was probably the best keeper in Scotland around that time, however he was a complete lunatic and that probably cost him in terms of playing at a far higher level. Remember going to parkhead when frank mcgarvey was manager and him pulling off save after save and walking away with the mom in a 2.1 defeat. Celtic fans were doing the same by throwing scarves onto the pitch in disgust at the way Celtic couldn't get the ball past him. Absolutely outstanding keeper in every aspect. Crosses, kicking, shot stopping, talking. He had everything. However his betting, drinking, arguing, and general attitude stopped bigger teams from coming in for him. Another story of wasted talent in this country
    And his Dad was a referee

Very spirited performance and can't fault any of the players for effort tonight. Would have readily taken a point beforehand especially with the weakened team put out. Clear talent for the youngsters who are clearly still raw but show real pace and potential.
    Why does Johnstone wait until the final seconds to make substitutions as the refs are instructed to add o thirty seconds for each made so it only prolongs the agony of waiting for the final whistle.

I dont know anything about drinking, betting or general unpleasantness but Alan Davidson is the best keeper I've ever seen , Qos goalkeeper or not . An incredible talent . Him, Tommy Bryce and Jimmy Robertson are the most iconic players I've seen play for Queens.

Proud of the boys tonight as every one of them played their hearts out. Sour grapes from Neilson though for blaming the pitch but well done Ryan Stevenson for pointing that the Jambos have a plastic training facility and would have been practising on it all week before coming to Palmy.

I found myself in the rare situation of being f@@king sick and very proud at the same time after the game. Even after 89 mins on the clock , I had the feeling we were going to blow it . Blow the first victory over Hearts since 1963 that is. On the proud side, this was a patchwork Qos side who worked their socks off the whole game and probably deserved the win considering the effort put in . Special.mention to the evergreen Willie Gibson . A credit to his profession and Queens

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I dont know anything about drinking, betting or general unpleasantness but Alan Davidson is the best keeper I've ever seen , Qos goalkeeper or not . An incredible talent . Him, Tommy Bryce and Jimmy Robertson are the most iconic players I've seen play for Queens.

il second that hammer mate ,we had a cracking squad in mid 80s ,just shows you the high standard scottish football was back then when that squad were toiling between the second division and first division , if you could whisk that squad through time to play in our current league we would be watching queens challenging for the premier ,the standard of tallent nowadays couldnt lace these players boots thay would stand out head and shoulders amongst the garbage we see playing footie atm .hard fought performance tonight from queens very workmanlike and deserved a win ,hearts have a habit of hitting late equalisers at palmy .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 12-02-2021 at 11:59 PM.

What a great night last night was. Several many good positives to take from last night. Some positive points to note:
    - AJ got the tactics spot on playing two defensive players in front of the back 4 gave us a real solid look. Initially I thought what is he doing but goes to show you have to trust the manager. Hitting on the break with Olympic standard sprints really gave Hearts heart attacks at the back. They were stumbling about like lame giraffe's on ice.
    - the loss of those key players, shields , Fitzpatrick and mcabe and even when Pybus went off highlighted we really have a decent squad. Hats off again to the manager and his team for gathering a young squad with potential with that one ingredient all teams hate. Genuine red hot pace.
    - Robbie Neilson is a knobberr. That is now confirmed. Can't accept he was outfoxed and didn't know what to do with our pacey players. Hold your hand up, give credit to Queens and say we were bad tonight . NAW . We couldn't control the ball correctly as the pitch is awful. Need to look at the quality of the player you have Robbie if that was the reason for your poor display. All he was doing was a good old deflection tactic disguising his poor team selection. I guess it worked as we are all taking about his comments. However there was no jogging Robbie AJ have you a bloody nose.
    - AJ knows a player. I had not heard of any of the players we drafted in but we have a few gems. Admittedly a good proportion of our team is loans but you still have to get the quality in where you need him and get the most from them. Jones was at Saint Johnston on loan but he has really shone in his two games so far.
    - Glad AJ is still with as it was looking dodgey for a while.
    - Think Willie Gibson has hit top form. Thought he was class. More to come from this man. He only delivers quality and is being backed up by all his team mates so he doesn't get isolated. In fact we were hunting in pairs all round the pitch. Was great to see.

Plenty to be optimistic at. Great performance and can't wait to see us fully loaded with shields, dapo, Fitzpatrick and Jones in the team with the dobster playing a messy role.

What an exciting prospect indeed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)