+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Hearts

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I dont know anything about drinking, betting or general unpleasantness but Alan Davidson is the best keeper I've ever seen , Qos goalkeeper or not . An incredible talent . Him, Tommy Bryce and Jimmy Robertson are the most iconic players I've seen play for Queens.
    I used to go to Valentinos before the game, and Alan Davidson was quite often there until about 2:00! Only ever seen him drink once through, it was snowing heavy outside so he decided the game would be off and decided to have a couple of pints. When Football Focus came on, the game was still on and he had to leave in a panic! The game was eventually called off!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
    What a great night last night was. Several many good positives to take from last night. Some positive points to note:
    - AJ got the tactics spot on playing two defensive players in front of the back 4 gave us a real solid look. Initially I thought what is he doing but goes to show you have to trust the manager. Hitting on the break with Olympic standard sprints really gave Hearts heart attacks at the back. They were stumbling about like lame giraffe's on ice.
    - the loss of those key players, shields , Fitzpatrick and mcabe and even when Pybus went off highlighted we really have a decent squad. Hats off again to the manager and his team for gathering a young squad with potential with that one ingredient all teams hate. Genuine red hot pace.
    - Robbie Neilson is a knobberr. That is now confirmed. Can't accept he was outfoxed and didn't know what to do with our pacey players. Hold your hand up, give credit to Queens and say we were bad tonight . NAW . We couldn't control the ball correctly as the pitch is awful. Need to look at the quality of the player you have Robbie if that was the reason for your poor display. All he was doing was a good old deflection tactic disguising his poor team selection. I guess it worked as we are all taking about his comments. However there was no jogging Robbie AJ have you a bloody nose.
    - AJ knows a player. I had not heard of any of the players we drafted in but we have a few gems. Admittedly a good proportion of our team is loans but you still have to get the quality in where you need him and get the most from them. Jones was at Saint Johnston on loan but he has really shone in his two games so far.
    - Glad AJ is still with as it was looking dodgey for a while.
    - Think Willie Gibson has hit top form. Thought he was class. More to come from this man. He only delivers quality and is being backed up by all his team mates so he doesn't get isolated. In fact we were hunting in pairs all round the pitch. Was great to see.

Plenty to be optimistic at. Great performance and can't wait to see us fully loaded with shields, dapo, Fitzpatrick and Jones in the team with the dobster playing a messy role.

What an exciting prospect indeed.

shields, dapo, Fitzpatrick and Jones in the team with the dobster

i just cant see magic playing them all together as he would prob need to play with 2 uptop plus advanced wingers on both flanks ,which would require sacrificing one of our central players ,he could do it if he went 3 at the back tho which would give him an extra place in the mid .that would be 5 advanced players in the squad with dobs in the hole canny see it happen likes .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    shields, dapo, Fitzpatrick and Jones in the team with the dobster

i just cant see magic playing them all together as he would prob need to play with 2 uptop plus advanced wingers on both flanks ,which would require sacrificing one of our central players ,he could do it if he went 3 at the back tho which would give him an extra place in the mid .that would be 5 advanced players in the squad with dobs in the hole canny see it happen likes .
    Whatever he does nobody can say we don't have something decent on the park

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
    What a great night last night was. Several many good positives to take from last night. Some positive points to note:
    - AJ got the tactics spot on playing two defensive players in front of the back 4 gave us a real solid look. Initially I thought what is he doing but goes to show you have to trust the manager. Hitting on the break with Olympic standard sprints really gave Hearts heart attacks at the back. They were stumbling about like lame giraffe's on ice.
    - the loss of those key players, shields , Fitzpatrick and mcabe and even when Pybus went off highlighted we really have a decent squad. Hats off again to the manager and his team for gathering a young squad with potential with that one ingredient all teams hate. Genuine red hot pace.
    - Robbie Neilson is a knobberr. That is now confirmed. Can't accept he was outfoxed and didn't know what to do with our pacey players. Hold your hand up, give credit to Queens and say we were bad tonight . NAW . We couldn't control the ball correctly as the pitch is awful. Need to look at the quality of the player you have Robbie if that was the reason for your poor display. All he was doing was a good old deflection tactic disguising his poor team selection. I guess it worked as we are all taking about his comments. However there was no jogging Robbie AJ have you a bloody nose.
    - AJ knows a player. I had not heard of any of the players we drafted in but we have a few gems. Admittedly a good proportion of our team is loans but you still have to get the quality in where you need him and get the most from them. Jones was at Saint Johnston on loan but he has really shone in his two games so far.
    - Glad AJ is still with as it was looking dodgey for a while.
    - Think Willie Gibson has hit top form. Thought he was class. More to come from this man. He only delivers quality and is being backed up by all his team mates so he doesn't get isolated. In fact we were hunting in pairs all round the pitch. Was great to see.

Plenty to be optimistic at. Great performance and can't wait to see us fully loaded with shields, dapo, Fitzpatrick and Jones in the team with the dobster playing a messy role.

What an exciting prospect indeed.

Fantastic post BlueHair

Although there was a typical ending to the game, there was plenty to be happy about last night. All of the team should be proud with the effort they put in, so hopefully that will give them some self belief in themselves and they approach every match with the same commitment. Mon the South!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Although there was a typical ending to the game, there was plenty to be happy about last night. All of the team should be proud with the effort they put in, so hopefully that will give them some self belief in themselves and they approach every match with the same commitment. Mon the South!
    It was a very typical ending. I thought to myself that this was too good to be true and it was.

It was a very typical ending. I thought to myself that this was too good to be true and it was.
    It was a real clumsy tackle from young Breen who actually had the excellent Wullie Gibson covering behind him.

https://twitter.com/TamsellicsonIII/...881687041?s=19 Wullie Gibson asking Halliday if he wants to meet him afterwards for a wee cuddle

https://twitter.com/TamsellicsonIII/...881687041?s=19 Wullie Gibson asking Halliday if he wants to meet him afterwards for a wee cuddle

Oor Wullie

Just to agree entirely with Blue Hair, - Queens were fantastic and what a sqaud the management has assembled!

Loved the comment at the end - "what did you think of Hearts?" - "Rubbish" .....................and they were totally outplayed, - outfoxed and it had nothing to do with the pitch - which was also pointed out - what they train on all week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)