+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dover refuse to play indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Golden syrup sandwiches. It's a miracle our generation still have teeth really.
    "Our generation" Is that the Baby Boomer generation that I've heard so much about?

Banana and sugar sandwiches, Yorkshire pudding with golden syrup, hated lemming curd, and the smell of tripe cooking still makes me vomit.

I had my vaccy two weeks ago and never felt a thing.

In September I had a flu jab at my doctors and for a laugh when the needle went in I screamed as if stabbed, my doctor looked shocked until I started laffing. I shouldn't have done it though, she's got a good memory and she'll remember me and get her own back when I go for the jab again next Autumn.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I couldn't give a flying **** to be honest. It's only your opinion.
    Dont make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    Please don't tell me you loved fried egg sarnies as well!
    Only with bacon and/or sausages Skip.

Per Ollie Bayliss

BREAKING:

Dover Athletic says it “will be unable to fulfill further National League fixtures until appropriate funding is made available.”

All management, players, and staff have now been furloughed to safeguard the club’s long-term future.”

So now the NL will have to take some action - surely they'll have to expunge Dover's results and relegate them (if that happens) or a major points deduction for next season.

Let's hope there's not a domino effect now.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Banana and sugar sandwiches, Yorkshire pudding with golden syrup, hated lemming curd, and the smell of tripe cooking still makes me vomit.

I had my vaccy two weeks ago and never felt a thing.

In September I had a flu jab at my doctors and for a laugh when the needle went in I screamed as if stabbed, my doctor looked shocked until I started laffing. I shouldn't have done it though, she's got a good memory and she'll remember me and get her own back when I go for the jab again next Autumn.
    Oh yes, Yorkshire pudding with golden syrup. I'd forgotten all about that. My dad used to make a meal out of a Yorkshire, he'd add bacon and cheese, rhubarb, plums (not all together obviously).

And there was always a cup of dripping from the roast sitting in the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    We used to eat a lot of ''Bread and Same'', when I was a kid. 4k all on one side and same on the other, ohhh, times were hard..

National League officials are committed to publishing the results of all four resolutions around whether the season will continue.

Nearly two weeks after issuing the resolutions, the threshold for determining the outcome in all three leagues is still to be met, although BBC Sport understands it is now quite close.

The void has allowed a number of clubs to take unilateral decisions. National League South outfit Maidstone United have put their first team on furlough and say they will use non-contract and loan players if the vote is to carry on.

The discontent at clubs over the apparent promise of further grant funding beyond December which has not materialised continues and that has not been helped by the threat of sanctions from the National League for failing to fulfil fixtures.

The league has tried to calm tensions by insisting no decisions will taken until the resolutions are determined.

However, it is a delicate balance as they are also trying to protect themselves against clubs calling games off without a satisfactory reason once the effects of the pandemic are over.

The league also know no matter what way the resolutions go, some clubs will not agree with the outcome.

That situation will need to be managed - as will the issue of promotion and relegation, which also involves the English Football League, who have given no indication they are considering an early end to their season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56056038

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Dont make me laugh
    Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Oh yes, Yorkshire pudding with golden syrup. I'd forgotten all about that. My dad used to make a meal out of a Yorkshire, he'd add bacon and cheese, rhubarb, plums (not all together obviously).

And there was always a cup of dripping from the roast sitting in the fridge.
    My old mum & my Bro still eat their Yorkshires cold with jam on as a sweet, i prefer mine hot with my dinner.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast