+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dover refuse to play indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    My wife is from Yorkshire and they had Yorkshire pudding as a starter with gravy before Sunday dinner.
    In one of the "Vet" books by James Herriot he tells of being invited to a Sunday style dinner in Yorkshire where he was given a huge slab of Yorkshire pudding with gravy as a starter. He says it was a common way of filling a person up before the main meal which would have had less of everything else, especially meat.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    In one of the "Vet" books by James Herriot he tells of being invited to a Sunday style dinner in Yorkshire where he was given a huge slab of Yorkshire pudding with gravy as a starter. He says it was a common way of filling a person up before the main meal which would have had less of everything else, especially meat.
    My first experience of it was a plate full of puddings followed by a large dinner with plenty of meat and more puddings.
    Must admit when the puddings arrived on there own I thought 'is this it'?

Yes, I was told that it was to fill you up so you wouldn't want / need much meat

Hearing tonight that Kings Lynn look to be following Dover's "lead" and want to stop altogether.
    Not sure how/if this affects Tuesday. It may be we win and lose the points as apposed to the Dover result.

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    Hearing tonight that Kings Lynn look to be following Dover's "lead" and want to stop altogether.
    Not sure how/if this affects Tuesday. It may be we win and lose the points as apposed to the Dover result.
    They were advertising their stream for Tuesday's game tonight on Tw@tter and appealing for volunteers to help remove their frost covers tomorrow so hopefully the game will go ahead at least. Whether they are doing this in the knowledge that they'll make a few bob selling streams to Notts' fans only for the points to be meaningless later remains to be seen of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    They were advertising their stream for Tuesday's game tonight on Tw@tter and appealing for volunteers to help remove their frost covers tomorrow so hopefully the game will go ahead at least. Whether they are doing this in the knowledge that they'll make a few bob selling streams to Notts' fans only for the points to be meaningless later remains to be seen of course.
    This is where decisiveness is important.

Had the league already expunged Dover, no one else would be considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post

Just kick them out and everything would be sorted.

If only life was so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post

It could be that Dover are bluffing but it's important that it's jumped on immediately, as you say if the league dithers with a wait and see attitude we'll see others copying Dover and outnumbering the more responsible clubs. I expect though, the league powers will wait till the day they actually refuse to play. They haven't actually done so yet but are due to play Sutton tonight.

It could be that Dover are bluffing but it's important that it's jumped on immediately, as you say if the league dithers with a wait and see attitude we'll see others copying Dover and outnumbering the more responsible clubs. I expect though, the league powers will wait till the day they actually refuse to play. They haven't actually done so yet but are due to play Sutton tonight.
    How do you define 'the more responsible clubs'?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    How do you define 'the more responsible clubs'?
    Them wot aren't trying it on. Like wot us is.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast