+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Dover refuse to play indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Can you two take your petty argument somewhere else and spare the rest of us?

Sorry, I've always wanted to say that!
    Sorry sir!

It's not really an argument - just a request for clarification. Apparently Dover aren't acting responsibly - all I have asked is what Laxton thinks they have done which is irresponsible. Still waiting though!

I would love to know what Dover actually received, reports were 50/60 quid per fan for the 3 months which should then cover their season. Then you have Notts, we have no idea how solvent the owners are as individuals/a business, by their words their ok. It just seems a bit rich to me from Dover, benefited massively at the start (if true), now bottom, grants are on offer if a clubs situation is dire but they’ve chucked their toys out the pram. I do feel it’s been an opportunity with how badly the NL board have dealt with this for some clubs to take advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I do feel it’s been an opportunity with how badly the NL board have dealt with this for some clubs to take advantage.
    Exactly. Why carry on if you've no chance of getting into the play-offs but every chance of being relegated?

I'd have waited to hear the outcome of the vote first, if I were them. If the vote was to wind the season up, they face no penalty. Doing what they've threatened could result in their expulsion from the league.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Exactly. Why carry on if you've no chance of getting into the play-offs but every chance of being relegated?

I'd have waited to hear the outcome of the vote first, if I were them. If the vote was to wind the season up, they face no penalty. Doing what they've threatened could result in their expulsion from the league.
    I think the NL board lost all its power putting it to a vote and of course messing up the rest of it. I would be shocked if L2 clubs on the whole aren’t worse off financially than our league, probably some budgeting for championship ambitions and as I understand all funding is loans yet no massive protests because the EFL hasn’t opened up the door, if these clubs are budgeting for on average 3k fans per game than why hasn’t their been such a response? I know there’s been some reports their struggling but I’m guessing their hoping fans are back next season and they pull through
    Last edited by matt_magpie; 15-02-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Sorry sir!

It's not really an argument - just a request for clarification. Apparently Dover aren't acting responsibly - all I have asked is what Laxton thinks they have done which is irresponsible. Still waiting though!
    I'm not playing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I wondered who would leap in with that really original “ruining this forum” chestnut first.
    Just swap contact details with magpie mania and argue with them via text or email, and spare the rest of us having to wade through the petty nonsense.

National League clubs have until 28th February to vote on whether or not to end the season.

However, once the outcome is known and verified it will be announced.

Most clubs have now voted on their relevant Resolutions

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/st...32767428157441

On football focus now

Kings Lynn making a statement on Monday as to whether they will continue the season or follow Dover.
    If they choose to stop it will be with immediate effect so Tuesday would be off. As it stands I think they are asking their players to to a pay cut and carry on. I have a feeling I know what they will say.

If Kings Lynn pull out then are we awarded the three points?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast