+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dover refuse to play indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    I
    I've just seen that, conveniently, Dover's game at Halifax has been called off on Saturday due to a frozen pitch. A bit of an early call for me, conspiracy theories anyone?
    There's about half a dozen off with a frozen pitch tbf

I suspected Dover were in financial trouble when they refused to cut the grass for the opening game of the season against us.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    I always thought that if clubs refuse to fulfil their fixtures in any competition then they are disqualified from that competition. The solution seems obvious to me.
    If their results are expunged, might be good for Notts weirdly

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    We desperately need to get to the top of the PPG table.
    This, we need to put ourselves in the best position should things go to pot.

Let those that want finish now do so. If in the bottom 3, start next season on -6pts.The teams that carry on, start a new mini league from scratch & say 2 go up automatically. No play offs

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    If their results are expunged, might be good for Notts weirdly
    How will it work out for Notts County?

Let those that want finish now do so. If in the bottom 3, start next season on -6pts.The teams that carry on, start a new mini league from scratch & say 2 go up automatically. No play offs

Now that, sounds like a damn good idea, Pete. Chances of it happening, zero pwan.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    How will it work out for Notts County?

Now that, sounds like a damn good idea, Pete. Chances of it happening, zero pwan.
    That would be so unfair. Play half a season then say that doesn't count? PPG now would be fairer!

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post

Its a complete shambles and really needs the actual goverment to step in.
    As others may have said, we would need an *actual* government for that to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I suspected Dover were in financial trouble when they refused to cut the grass for the opening game of the season against us.
    Loving this one.!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    You would imagine that the NL exec would step in and lay down the law for them. You either play or you're disqualified/points deducted/fined/relegated. Most of the problems we're encountering are because they seem not to want to take charge of the situation.
    It's a Mickey Mouse operation and a sad reminder of the pathetic level our club has fallen to. How the hell did it ever come to this?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast