+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dover refuse to play indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    It's a Mickey Mouse operation and a sad reminder of the pathetic level our club has fallen to. How the hell did it ever come to this?
    It came to this simply because Alan Hardy thought he was a footballing Messiah.😡😡

The same way that it comes to all clubs that fall through the football league trapdoor.

Years of mismanagement accumulating in one epic failure of a season.

We can bounce back like so many before us.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    The same way that it comes to all clubs that fall through the football league trapdoor.

Years of mismanagement accumulating in one epic failure of a season.

We can bounce back like so many before us.
    I agree Laddo, and we will.

Before everyone puts the boot into Dover what exactly have they done wrong ?

Yes they are near the bottom and are 90% likely to go down but its the owners job to secure the clubs future.

End of the day this mess has been created by NL/Govt.

The biggest issue we have is going forward NEXT SEASON is looking like no fans so if we dont get out of this league there is a chance of no season as clubs not fall for the loans/grants again.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Before everyone puts the boot into Dover what exactly have they done wrong ?

Yes they are near the bottom and are 90% likely to go down but its the owners job to secure the clubs future.

End of the day this mess has been created by NL/Govt.

The biggest issue we have is going forward NEXT SEASON is looking like no fans so if we dont get out of this league there is a chance of no season as clubs not fall for the loans/grants again.
    Do not blame any club for looking after themselves, where did you hear no fans next season? That would be gutting, as we all need something to look forward too and this is personally what is keeping me going at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post

Played Pts PPG
    Torquay 21 41 1.95
    Notts 17 33 1.94
    Sutton 18 34 1.89
    Hartlepool 20 36 1.80
    Stockport 18 31 1.72
    Wrexham 20 29 1.45
    Altrincham 21 30 1.43
    Love this, clearly part of NA's plan all along, even increases our goal difference!

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    Do not blame any club for looking after themselves, where did you hear no fans next season? That would be gutting, as we all need something to look forward too and this is personally what is keeping me going at the moment.
    I havent heard its 100% fact of no fans.

Just listening to what the medical people are saying basically social distancing all year then you will have this carrying on Jan/Feb 2022 with the cold weather.

Clubs are just not going to gamble unless its written down that they will get money ALL SEASON if need be which wont happen.

I hope im wrong on this obviously !

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    It came to this simply because Alan Hardy thought he was a footballing Messiah.😡😡
    Not at all that simple. What happened to that other guy, you know, the one who used to post on here "One for sorrow" or something - Championship in 5yrs, heating under the pitch, and basically threw (or is that "trew") in the towel after a catalogue of bad decisions including selling to Hardy who then took it on as you say, because he thought he was a footballing Messiah - but I think the heart at been sucked out of the club, and the finances before he came on the scene. Mind you, Trew didn't have a much better start once the real debts became known.

And now we seem to have sensible owners - well you've really got to feel for them. What a time to own a football club.

Trew........Hardy........Reedtz

As fans we need more than anything to hope that our current owners are almost the complete opposite of their two predecessors. Not sure how many reckless bad owners in a row a club can handle.

Why the hell would they stop us attending outdoor events like a football match when it's a lot harder to catch covid in fresh air, vast majority of people will have Ben vaccinated and we could still wear masks. Also in most lower leave grounds you could at every other seat and at notts every 3rd seat. I work as manager in retail and we will be going back in soon , lots of people in shops indoors, so if that's deemed safe, why the heck would a footie match not be?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast