+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dover refuse to play indefinitely.

Dover refuse to play indefinitely.

Seems that Dover have now stated they will no longer play again this season until they are given a grant to continue.

Their physio has been quoted saying thats them done for the season and see what happens in 21/22.

Can anyone honestly say that we are going to finish the season, what happens to Dover? is it fair for them to just sit it out till next season. What happens to the results against them (obs voiding them would be good for us)

Its a complete shambles and really needs the actual goverment to step in.

“I understand why the bigger, richer clubs with chances of promotion are pushing hard to continue, but in a sense, they are asking smaller clubs with no crowds or income who are playing for no reason to take large loans and probably overstretch themselves with dire consequences, to subsidise the larger clubs’ ambitions. I do not agree with that position.”
    Dover Chairman, Jim Parmenter

I always thought that if clubs refuse to fulfil their fixtures in any competition then they are disqualified from that competition. The solution seems obvious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    Seems that Dover have now stated they will no longer play again this season until they are given a grant to continue.

Their physio has been quoted saying thats them done for the season and see what happens in 21/22.

Can anyone honestly say that we are going to finish the season, what happens to Dover? is it fair for them to just sit it out till next season. What happens to the results against them (obs voiding them would be good for us)

Its a complete shambles and really needs the actual goverment to step in.
    presumably the NL have rules about clubs not fulfilling their fixtures? Could 12.9 apply?

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk...es-1013?page=0

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    “I understand why the bigger, richer clubs with chances of promotion are pushing hard to continue, but in a sense, they are asking smaller clubs with no crowds or income who are playing for no reason to take large loans and probably overstretch themselves with dire consequences, to subsidise the larger clubs’ ambitions. I do not agree with that position.”
    Dover Chairman, Jim Parmenter

Every club has no crowds. A bigger club means you have bigger expenses & not all bank rolled by the owners. Maybe wrong but aren't Chesterfield run by a supporters trust & want to carry on?

Would their owner take the same action if they were in Torquay's position, I think not

Good news is we didn’t beat them so any results/points expunged wouldn’t affect us if it went that way.

If Dover's complaint is based purely on lack of finance then that is their problem, their players still need to be paid whether they play or not and if Dover were top of the league and being bankrolled by rich owners I doubt their chairman would have the same attitude. To simply say "I'm not playing unless somebody else pays" must surely invite rejection from the league.

We desperately need to get to the top of the PPG table.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    presumably the NL have rules about clubs not fulfilling their fixtures? Could 12.9 apply?

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk...es-1013?page=0
    12.9 A Club which for any reason ceases to operate at any time during the Playing Season may have its playing record expunged, and any monies due to them from the Company shall be forfeited. From the date of the withdrawal no further payment shall become due to them. From the date of the withdrawal, that Club shall cease to be a member of the Company.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast