+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2020

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I understood that there is a greater vulnerability to covid in the BAME community. I am not sure that this is true. It could be that there are more people with BAME heritage employed in our health and care services. There may be different racial mixes in countries and if there is a higher percentage of the BAME community in UK this could make the figures for the UK higher. It's a good question and I would welcome confirmation that I have got the point.
    Covid effects people that are grouped in the BAME category more that white......especially in the under 70 age group...whether that's poorer housing, working in health care, more obesity, more diabetes, lack of vitamin d.....who knows.

In 1981 there was around 4% of the population in that grouping......now it's nearer 9% if not slightly over.

If we have an illness that effects that category of people more and we have more of these people then more will die.

To try and make it easy.

If we had a mystery illness in Dundee in 1970 that killed people who supported teams that played in orange and their fans dressed up in boiler suits.......no many deaths

Same mystery illness now and the death toll would be much larger as there are more of these people.

Back of the flag packet numbers if covid deaths in Bame people mirrored white/pinkish folk it would make the year 2020 39th out of 50 for % death totals last to population instead of 37.

Again the point is this "pandemic" is just mot as bad as they are making out and does not excuse the shutting down of the world.

Covid exits, the numbers are certainly debateable as are dth certs and covid policy.

But I don't think it's worth bothering with now, we can all see where this country is going some just don't want to acknowledge it yet.

Scotland has less bames but our general health is so poor I think that's had a big effect on the death toll.

Anyway ill let yiz argue it oot for a wee while or let the hundreds of fitba threads that folk are desperate to start get a bit of airtime.😁

Got something on for a week or two which is a welcome relief.

Stay safe scotland.😎

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)