+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piss poor

Piss poor

Defensively poor and lacking confidence until the 60th minute.
    Its absolutely no good having a brilliant month if you perform awful the following month.
    The players need to hang their heads in shame but also a bit of blame needs to be at his door.
    We lacked spark and didnt really get any until elliot came on.
    Why drop elliot,dolan and brereton but it's ok we will play a half firing dack.

One thing I have noticed creeping in recently is i have started to post when I am annoyed,straight after a result.
    The one thing I wanted to stop when I first joined football mad was anger posts straight after a loss.
    Last night hurt in terms of our chances of a play off place and the manner of the defeat.
    Now the day after the event seems a good time to post.
    First half was shockingly bad and even that doesn't do it justice.
    Yes we scored a penalty(which by the way it was one,regardless what the commentator says)but that just glossed over a poor and clueless display.
    Second half was alot better and showed that we wanted to fight for it.
    Dolans inclusion gave us a spark of life and we had much of the play,only poor finishing let us down.
    I wonder what mr mowbray gathered from this.
    Did he see that rothwell put in a truly awful display in a rovers shirt or that dack has become a bit of a liability?
    What about the fact that despite winning the penalty,Gallagher was pretty non existent?
    Dolan changed the game in our favour but will he start next?
    Closing up and you will like this champs but downing,didn't he look good when he came on?
    Legs have gone but the class still showed.

at least downing tryed to play forward, getting balls into the danger area

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    at least downing tryed to play forward, getting balls into the danger area
    he was better than Rothwell aswell!! who was awful.
    I agree Robin, can't believe he played Dack when he is clearly not there yet.
    They wanted it more than us, which annoys me as they aren't any good.
    Not sure about this Branthwaite. He got bulled and he isn't ready to play every week.
    We need to get Ayala back, at least he is experienced.

I do think right now I would be playing Downing. In no way is he a long term solution, but if you are going to play those in attack, you need a guy who can pick a pass. And like you say, legs have gone, but he does want to play forwards. And can do that better than anyone we have.
    Why even play 2 defensive midfielders at home to Preston? We should be going for them, and it was evident at HT that Elliott needed to come on. I felt sorry for Dolan. He played well for a short spell, but drifted out of the game. What was he meant to do, I thought it was odd to bring him on and not Elliott at HT. This is a kid compared to Elliott despite their ages. As one has had an effect.
    One thing I am glad about, I wasn't sat there on a freezing cold Fri night in the stands.

Mowbray sat there last night and didn't move. He looked completely out of idea and interest.
    I'm not angry saying this, I just feel it's the same story now every season. Things have got stale, and I think he is out of ideas. He has a pretty full squad to prick from now, yet seems to change things every week. He isn't successful in rotating players. And the fact he keeps changing things so much, tells me he isn't sure what his best 11 is.
    He has tried so many different players, so many different variations on a system. Over 4 years, more often than not, it has been good.
    But right here and now, its, not showing signs of improvement, and it felt stale the other night. It isn't good football, and I feel we should be doing better with the resources we have. We have a solid foundation to at least have a go at trying to get up.

It's a stick or twist situation.
    Give Tony mowbray until the end of the season and see how we look or change manager and go for it.
    One issue with that is,venkys dont have the best track record with managers.
    We need someone who can motivate a squad of talented players who clearly lack belief.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    It's a stick or twist situation.
    Give Tony mowbray until the end of the season and see how we look or change manager and go for it.
    One issue with that is,venkys dont have the best track record with managers.
    We need someone who can motivate a squad of talented players who clearly lack belief.
    I think that's half the problem.
    We keep finding our season over in Feb every season. Then we end up letting him ride the season out.
    Why? We aren't going anywhere.
    And rather than wait until results are really poor and we are desperate, why jot just make a fresh change now. Give a new manager time to adjust and figure out who we wants etc. Give him the summer to make a few adjustments and then see how we get on.
    It's all painfully stale. No real idea or game plan. Its changes every week. Like the side.
    After 4 years he has done well more than he has been crap. But here and now its poor. And has been way too much this season. And thats 2 similar seasons in a row.
    We had Tosin last season, and Elliott this. Both miles better than anything we have, yet we failed to improve? We send Grayson and Maligore (both 23) out on loan. But bring in a skinny 17 year old from Everton who isn't good enough.

We have an expensive academy we dont use enough. And end up bringing in young loan players in who are no better than what we have. And send them out on loan instead?
    We never sell any of our better players.
    He has been given millions to go and spend.

And we have never shown signs of improvment.
    I dont feel he has done enough to earn seeing out the season. His body language, his tactics, his teasm selections all look and feel like a man who has simply run out of ideas. And we as a club desperately need someone new in. With a bit of drive, and spark. Its so bloody dour

Players fighting with each other,mowbray sat motionless on the touchline,its pretty bad currently.
    His decisions last night were bizarre and showed signs of someone nearly out the door.
    All the hard work in January getting a great points tally of 10 in 12,completely unravelled in a very poor February.
    Few would of expected such a collapse.
    One thing that crossed my mind is maybe we have too many players now and he is trying to keep everybody sweet.
    Its looking pretty dire and someone has to take the blame for it.

I'm afraid it has always been the same under him in recent seasons.
    And this is as good as it will get under him.

We have a problem now with Dack. As he is NOT the same player anymore. And his inclusion each match now damages us.

He has tried every formation, every player, and still now after 4 years hasn't got a clue who is best team is.

The main concern is, we will win a few in a while, and he will stay. So we can repeat this all over again next season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)