+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phil Hay

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Houghton was in the Stand that night everything was in place....
    That is a total 100% fact
    Houghton could have been in the stand for many reasons and had they sacked Bielsa there would have been uproar amongst the fans - doesn’t add up that they would have pulled the plug there and then

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Houghton could have been in the stand for many reasons and had they sacked Bielsa there would have been uproar amongst the fans - doesn’t add up that they would have pulled the plug there and then
    Nothing to do with the fans one bit,
    It was to do with squeaky bum time and panicking as the club could not go through the thought of not going up due to over spending, wage increases and FFP, which would have come in to force if promotion was not achieved, carnage was the word branded around....

Nothing to do with the fans one bit,
    It was to do with squeaky bum time and panicking as the club could not go through the thought of not going up due to over spending, wage increases and FFP, which would have come in to force if promotion was not achieved, carnage was the word branded around....
    Heard the rumour from a few people but no one seems to have a credible source from where it came

Heard the rumour from a few people but no one seems to have a credible source from where it came
    A long time close friend of mine who everyone will know, worked closely with the club over the years and Sky TV has set up his own media company,
    He was ready in waiting to break the story
    Luckily the performance held the Gun off

I'm sure you remember Alex Ferguson was about to be shown the door until Robin's headed home the equaliser and his job was saved.

A long time close friend of mine who everyone will know, worked closely with the club over the years and Sky TV has set up his own media company,

I'm sure you remember Alex Ferguson was about to be shown the door until Robin's headed home the equaliser and his job was saved.
    I have heard from others who equally have connections to the club that it was BS. No comparison to the Ferguson v forest as that had been circulating in the media for weeks and he had been there for years without delivering and they were no where in the league.

Would be interested in Mrs O’s take on it .

I have heard from others who equally have connections to the club that it was BS. No comparison to the Ferguson v forest as that had been circulating in the media for weeks and he had been there for years without delivering and they were no where in the league.

So your saying in one part you have heard it but not from a credible source.
    And then you have heard it from connections to the club and it was BS...
    Anyway believe what you want HO its 100% correct but its history

Oul Rudolph nose dodged the bull that time all right.
    Let’s hope history repeats itself but this time in WHITE.

I’m grand thanks

So your saying in one part you have heard it but not from a credible source.
    And then you have heard it from connections to the club and it was BS...
    Anyway believe what you want HO its 100% correct but its history
    Saying heard rumours but no one could ever substantiate also heard from others would trust more it was rubbish - I am sceptical they would have fired him so quickly and there is no comparison with what happened at Man U were Ferguson had been there for years and spent lots.

Just goes to show what standing by quality managers does for a team I guess

Saying heard rumours but no one could ever substantiate also heard from others would trust more it was rubbish - I am sceptical they would have fired him so quickly and there is no comparison with what happened at Man U were Ferguson had been there for years and spent lots.

Just goes to show what standing by quality managers does for a team I guess
    Yep it sure does

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)