+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Arsenal - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

4.30pm KO Sunday.

Arsenal will be without Thomas Partey, who strained a hamstring during last weekend's defeat at Aston Villa.

Kieran Tierney remains sidelined with a leg injury but goalkeeper Bernd Leno and centre-back David Luiz are available after serving one-match bans.

Leeds are monitoring midfielder Kalvin Phillips, who came off in Monday's win over Crystal Palace with a calf injury.

Head coach Marcelo Bielsa doesn't expect any of the injured members of his squad to return.

When these two sides met at Elland Road in November, Arsenal had Nicolas Pepe sent off and, despite Leeds creating a bucketload of chances and hitting the woodwork three times, it ended up as the only goalless draw Marcelo Bielsa's side have had in 24 games in all competitions this season.

There will be goals this time, though, I am sure of it. Leeds were too good for Crystal Palace on Monday, while Arsenal have been hard done by to lose both of their past two games, against Wolves and Aston Villa.

I'm expecting an open game and I'm going with the Gunners to edge it, although they will have to keep 11 players on the pitch if they want to take the three points.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Arsenal won 5-0 the last time they hosted Leeds in the league back in 2004.The Gunners are unbeaten against Leeds in the past eight meetings in all competitions (W6, D2).Leeds have failed to score in each of their last three matches against Arsenal.

Arsenal

Arsenal have lost successive league games but they are unbeaten in five at home and have not conceded in any of the last three.They could keep five successive home clean sheets in all competitions for the first time since a run of seven from December 2013 to February 2014.

The Gunners are unbeaten in their past 27 home league fixtures against promoted sides (W23, D4).Only two of Alexandre Lacazette's eight Premier League goals this season have come at the Emirates.Bukayo Saka has created 26 chances and won 42 fouls, more than any other Arsenal player in the Premier League this season.

Leeds United

Leeds have won three of their past four league games.They are aiming for a third consecutive Premier League away victory.Marcelo Bielsa's side have scored and conceded 22 goals away from home in the top flight this season - only Leicester City and Manchester City have scored more but only Southampton and West Brom have conceded more.Leeds have lost their last six Premier League fixtures in London by an aggregate score of 2-18. Patrick Bamford has scored twice and had three assists in his last three Premier League appearances.

2 - 2.

MOT.

Bit fkin premature with your thread Andrew.
    Perhaps you have something organised for later which you hope won’t be premature

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post

4.30pm KO Sunday.

Arsenal will be without Thomas Partey, who strained a hamstring during last weekend's defeat at Aston Villa.

Kieran Tierney remains sidelined with a leg injury but goalkeeper Bernd Leno and centre-back David Luiz are available after serving one-match bans.

Leeds are monitoring midfielder Kalvin Phillips, who came off in Monday's win over Crystal Palace with a calf injury.

Head coach Marcelo Bielsa doesn't expect any of the injured members of his squad to return.

When these two sides met at Elland Road in November, Arsenal had Nicolas Pepe sent off and, despite Leeds creating a bucketload of chances and hitting the woodwork three times, it ended up as the only goalless draw Marcelo Bielsa's side have had in 24 games in all competitions this season.

There will be goals this time, though, I am sure of it. Leeds were too good for Crystal Palace on Monday, while Arsenal have been hard done by to lose both of their past two games, against Wolves and Aston Villa.

I'm expecting an open game and I'm going with the Gunners to edge it, although they will have to keep 11 players on the pitch if they want to take the three points.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Arsenal won 5-0 the last time they hosted Leeds in the league back in 2004.The Gunners are unbeaten against Leeds in the past eight meetings in all competitions (W6, D2).Leeds have failed to score in each of their last three matches against Arsenal.

Arsenal

Arsenal have lost successive league games but they are unbeaten in five at home and have not conceded in any of the last three.They could keep five successive home clean sheets in all competitions for the first time since a run of seven from December 2013 to February 2014.

The Gunners are unbeaten in their past 27 home league fixtures against promoted sides (W23, D4).Only two of Alexandre Lacazette's eight Premier League goals this season have come at the Emirates.Bukayo Saka has created 26 chances and won 42 fouls, more than any other Arsenal player in the Premier League this season.

Leeds United

Leeds have won three of their past four league games.They are aiming for a third consecutive Premier League away victory.Marcelo Bielsa's side have scored and conceded 22 goals away from home in the top flight this season - only Leicester City and Manchester City have scored more but only Southampton and West Brom have conceded more.Leeds have lost their last six Premier League fixtures in London by an aggregate score of 2-18. Patrick Bamford has scored twice and had three assists in his last three Premier League appearances.

2 - 2.

MOT.
    A little confused by the post. The author says they think arsenal will edge it but then there's a 2-2 prediction at the end.
    Anyway, I hope Leeds play in their green and black stripes. Only worn the strip for 2 league games this season. Won them both.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    A little confused by the post. The author says they think arsenal will edge it but then there's a 2-2 prediction at the end.
    Anyway, I hope Leeds play in their green and black stripes. Only worn the strip for 2 league games this season. Won them both.
    Yer overthinking lad.
    Andy copied something, then made his own lucky prediction.
    Chill.

St. Valentine’s Day massacre.
    They don’t like it up the arsnel.

C’mon, help me out Rev.

Oz/ Andy, if you can post something for me just before kickoff, id appreceiate it, not sure where ill be later, thanks in advance gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Bit fkin premature with your thread Andrew.
    Perhaps you have something organised for later which you hope won’t be premature
    I was told he always delivers early!

Its BBC report. Think it is Lawro. Clearly not me. If you would like to accept the matchday thread baton from now on Cherrypie......

(PS. Billy - didn't even get it out of the holster )

Anyone know how and when the squad travel to today's game. 4.30pm kick off so fly on the day, coach(es) on the day or similar and go the day before?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)