+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm getting it on Valentine's Day. Are you getting yours?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Some of us are in our 50’s Chris, not all on here are sat in a puddle of their own wee.
    It's not always my own wee....

32 waist 😲

I got down to 11 1/2 stone recently but in the last year my waistline seems to be bigger even with less weight.

I buy 33 inch Tommy Hilfiger jeans but with wear I stretch them into the 34 inch I really need.

I was 28 inch waist when I left school, the only way I’ll see that again is if I catch AIDS.
    I'm 12 stone and get comfortably into 34" Levis but I'm not stupid enough to believe that I'm actually that measurement. These clothes companies size them smaller than they used to be to make the public feel better about their weight. My wife is not a large lady but even she admits that she isn't a size 8', a size that she often buys now. It's a con.

32 waist 😲

I got down to 11 1/2 stone recently but in the last year my waistline seems to be bigger even with less weight.

I buy 33 inch Tommy Hilfiger jeans but with wear I stretch them into the 34 inch I really need.

I was 28 inch waist when I left school, the only way I’ll see that again is if I catch AIDS.
    I'm also 11 1/2 stone (nearly.) Can't try on atm so the 32" target is a hope rather than a fact. My 34" are too loose. Perhaps I've just stretched em. My man boobs are much smaller and my face thinner.

Whilst I'm running I often think 'I'm carrying the equivalent of 8 bags of sugar less around with me a couple of years ago'

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    10 years ago might well have needed a sports bra. Lost getting on for 3 stone since then.

It's my birthday next month and I plan to treat myself to a new pair of Levis 32" waist. First time I'll be able to that in the 21st century.
    Fair play to you on the weight loss 9goals. I was asking about tit sprouting for the benefit of any vaccine conspiracy theorists. All of the very best with the new jeans.

I'm also 11 1/2 stone (nearly.) Can't try on atm so the 32" target is a hope rather than a fact. My 34" are too loose. Perhaps I've just stretched em. My man boobs are much smaller and my face thinner.

Whilst I'm running I often think 'I'm carrying the equivalent of 8 bags of sugar less around with me a couple of years ago'
    How long is it taking you to run your 5k ( 3 and a tad miles ) ?

How long is it taking you to run your 5k ( 3 and a tad miles ) ?
    I was down to just under 26 mins but since no Park Run and can't run with my running club it's now more like 28mins. I need that sort of motivation much prefer it to running solo.

Literally just had the news a good mate of mine younger than me has suffered a heart attack. He's a big bloke. Ran past him last week and we had a bit of banter. He said something like 'You should know better at your age' I told him I had lost a few pounds since Xmas and was on a bit of a diet. He shook his head as if to ask 'Why'

I was down to just under 26 mins but since no Park Run and can't run with my running club it's now more like 28mins. I need that sort of motivation much prefer it to running solo.

Literally just had the news a good mate of mine younger than me has suffered a heart attack. He's a big bloke. Ran past him last week and we had a bit of banter. He said something like 'You should know better at your age' I told him I had lost a few pounds since Xmas and was on a bit of a diet. He shook his head as if to ask 'Why'
    I was doing 4.5 miles in around 35 minutes last early summer but I’ve had so many injury breaks that I’m a bit off that at the moment.

At my peak ( when I was 29-30 ) I could do 10k which is 6 1/4 miles in 36.05 so I’ve had to mentally get used to only being able to run slower than sun six minute miles.

Last time I timed myself over a one mile time trial I could still do it in 6.41 without killing myself, I think with a decent few weeks training with no breaks I could still do a 6 minute mile and certainly a 6.30.

It might interest you to know that even at our present pace we are still quicker than the majority of the population and most 18-30 year olds, if asked, would struggle to do a mile in 9 to 10 minutes.

About three years ago when I was doing a lot of cycling my weight was down to 10.5 stone, sadly, after a few health issues, I’m not cycling at the moment and I am somewhat heavier! Still manage to get into 34” jeans! It will be good to get back to swimming again when pools can reopen but that doesn’t burn the calories like cycling does. Maybe when we get to the Summer, I hope to be back on the bike.

Just got back from having the jab. Less than half an hour including travelling there and back.

I was doing 4.5 miles in around 35 minutes last early summer but I’ve had so many injury breaks that I’m a bit off that at the moment.

At my peak ( when I was 29-30 ) I could do 10k which is 6 1/4 miles in 36.05 so I’ve had to mentally get used to only being able to run slower than sun six minute miles.

Last time I timed myself over a one mile time trial I could still do it in 6.41 without killing myself, I think with a decent few weeks training with no breaks I could still do a 6 minute mile and certainly a 6.30.

It might interest you to know that even at our present pace we are still quicker than the majority of the population and most 18-30 year olds, if asked, would struggle to do a mile in 9 to 10 minutes.
    Less than 3 years ago I couldn't run a km full stop.

If anyone wants to start running I thoroughly recommend the NHS Couch to 5k. No way would I be running the 10k I can manage now if I'd tried without this..

I've just started their Couch to Strength and Flex a 12 week programme that promises to improve my strength which was never a strength and flexibility which has always been poor. I am assured at completion I will be able to do 'press ups with ease.' I just want to get at least close to touching my toes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)