Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
or stub your toe or knock your ankle or shin, for example...

...do you then a) hop around in agony then hold onto the nearest person/upright object or sit down on the nearest available chair or the floor/ground depending on where you are, holding or inspecting the injured limb, cursing profusely

or, b) lie prostrate on the floor, motionless, as if you're dead. Actually dead?

No? Me, neither. So why do footballers do it? The rolling around, screaming in pain and beating the ground is ridiculous, especially when the player is inevitably up and running around moments later. But, no less pathetic, is the 'playing dead' posture so many adopt after a challenge. I've just watched Perez do it-he knacked his knee, and his response was to lie, face down and motionless on the turf.

When you think about it, it's just such a bizarre thing to do. If you're not entirely convinced what an utterly odd thing to do it is, next time you get a knock somewhere on your leg, wherever you are, lie down, face down, on the floor and don't move, see what sort of reaction you get.

Odd fellows, footballers.
This is one of the reasons I am rapidly falling out of love with football, cheating, prima donnas. It’s time something was done about it. We can now see that tackles close up and too many times the player tackled and gaining a foul ,penalty is cheating,overreacting to the tackle,and the so called experts commentating, generally go along with the terrible tackle crapp. Boils my p..s😡