+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Furlong was brilliant today. I really like that kid, he's got a lot in his locker. One clearance off the line, and some great balls in the box, one that should have been an assist. Diagne is a real handful, glad he got his first goal, could/should have had a hat trick?
    Gallagher, unbelievable engine and a complete pest to play against and an assist. Bartley looked solid. Snoddy put himself about. Yokuslu, showed us he will be a good signing. Maybe all too late but a draw v Man U might be a good point if we can string some wins together (A lot of them) I thought the team selection was decent today, maybe Furlong instead of peltier because he's much more of a footballer, he's capable of clearing off the line and scoring a goal or providing a decent cross. If we had the luxury of being half way up the table I think we would have been happy with todays performance. Just my opinion.

What made me laugh was, in the aftermatch interview, McGuire moaning that decisions are going against them. What planet is he on? Think back to Old Trafford, enough said. Also, they get more penalties than the rest of the division put together. He was offside anyway and that wasn't even looked at.

We were just laughing at exactly that. He’s completely deluded.

Albion fouls total 13, United was 10 and yet we got 5 bookings.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Furlong was brilliant today. I really like that kid, he's got a lot in his locker. One clearance off the line, and some great balls in the box, one that should have been an assist. Diagne is a real handful, glad he got his first goal, could/should have had a hat trick?
    Gallagher, unbelievable engine and a complete pest to play against and an assist. Bartley looked solid. Snoddy put himself about. Yokuslu, showed us he will be a good signing. Maybe all too late but a draw v Man U might be a good point if we can string some wins together (A lot of them) I thought the team selection was decent today, maybe Furlong instead of peltier because he's much more of a footballer, he's capable of clearing off the line and scoring a goal or providing a decent cross. If we had the luxury of being half way up the table I think we would have been happy with todays performance. Just my opinion.
    Good save on the line. Furlong had a good one today, though I think his strengths are going forward, not defending - more of a winger than RB in my opinion.

Gallagher immense, Yokuslu very good (why subbed for Livermore!?), Diagne a handful, Bartley/Ajayi quite solid, top save by Johnstone, yeah, a good afternoon.

Unfortunately very poor pass by AMN, could have won the game there.

Thought we had our best side out today once Peltier went off to be replaced by Furlong. If we can now use our subs wisely .... Robinson, Grant .... we might get a few more points

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Good save on the line. Furlong had a good one today, though I think his strengths are going forward, not defending - more of a winger than RB in my opinion.

Gallagher immense, Yokuslu very good (why subbed for Livermore!?), Diagne a handful, Bartley/Ajayi quite solid, top save by Johnstone, yeah, a good afternoon.

Unfortunately very poor pass by AMN, could have won the game there.
    Furlong is definitely better going forward but he does do ok at the back. I reckon Yokuslu was subbed because of match fitness. He put a good shift in but maybe his next match will be the full 90.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)