+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jack Clarke

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jack Clarke

Said it when he left but what an absolute steal we got getting 10m for him! One trick pony who thinks he is Ronaldo.

Absolute pish

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Said it when he left but what an absolute steal we got getting 10m for him! One trick pony who thinks he is Ronaldo.

Absolute pish

Think he had potential but seemed to think he had made it before he had really started - shame for him but as you say unbelievable business for us

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Think he had potential but seemed to think he had made it before he had really started - shame for him but as you say unbelievable business for us
    One trick pony and once defenders realised that after he initially burst onto scene he had nothing to offer.

Saw him play in the Brentford game away and was in the Brentford stand along the touch line and he looked a shadow shorn of confidence that day.
    Great business for us as you say but shame he didn’t kick on

Aye, wish he'd really kicked on. I've been desperate for our academy to produce a quality attacker. We do well in central mids and defenders but attackers we seem to never really produce anyone of great quality since our PL days

Yeah me too would be great to have three or four home grown stars in key positions.

I think it was the name that gave me hope when he first appeared on the scene. Good business though, I read recently Leeds were one of the leading teams in respect of monies earned in the transfer market over I think the last five years, which is some accolade when you think most of the time was in the Championship. Includes wood to Burnley, which helped the balance

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    I think it was the name that gave me hope when he first appeared on the scene. Good business though, I read recently Leeds were one of the leading teams in respect of monies earned in the transfer market over I think the last five years, which is some accolade when you think most of the time was in the Championship. Includes wood to Burnley, which helped the balance
    If we hadn't been horribly mismanaged for most of the past 10 years we'd have made a fortune, just off top of my head I can think of Gradel, Snodgrass, Howson, Johnson, Beckford, Becchio, Taylor, Byram, Cook, Mowatt we've all lost for pennies or on frees because of contract situations.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    If we hadn't been horribly mismanaged for most of the past 10 years we'd have made a fortune, just off top of my head I can think of Gradel, Snodgrass, Howson, Johnson, Beckford, Becchio, Taylor, Byram, Cook, Mowatt we've all lost for pennies or on frees because of contract situations.
    With the exception of SNOWGRASS, the others never set the world on fire so the prices we got were ok in hindsight. We did get a good price for McCormack also

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    With the exception of SNOWGRASS, the others never set the world on fire so the prices we got were ok in hindsight. We did get a good price for McCormack also
    Yep, Another in a long long line of players who have left us for pastures new and bigger pay packets that have done nothing..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)