+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next weekend

Next weekend

Depending on whether Pawlett is available or not

I'd still probably go with the same team as yesterday with Harkes for Pawlett being the only change

Don't want to see us play an extra centre back, that will not help us

They have a game Thurs in europa too so let's just go in and give it our best playing the system that works best and see what happens

Same as the last two and a half matches and we could definitely get a point out of this.

Expect nothing from the game so a good, battling performance will be a bonus. Any points we take would be amazing. They have an unbelievable home record that they wont want any blemishes on. I think they've won every game and only conceded once... thats f ucking mental. The c unts.

We’ve got nothing to lose next week, so would rather we went for it, as we have done the past two weeks.
    As others have said recently, best time to play them, the league’s done, they’ll be more focused on Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Depending on whether Pawlett is available or not
    Watching Sportscene last night, I can't see any appeal (if we appeal) being successful. Both pundits made the case of him being out of control and being over the ball which, when slowed down, the footage did kind've back up if I'm being honest. I didn't think it was a red at the time but the way these guys use slow motion etc, they can manipulate it to look worse than it was.

But yeah, agree with everyone. Let's just go for it. Will be annoyed if he brings in Connolly to go three at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Watching Sportscene last night, I can't see any appeal (if we appeal) being successful. Both pundits made the case of him being out of control and being over the ball which, when slowed down, the footage did kind've back up if I'm being honest. I didn't think it was a red at the time but the way these guys use slow motion etc, they can manipulate it to look worse than it was.

But yeah, agree with everyone. Let's just go for it. Will be annoyed if he brings in Connolly to go three at the back.
    Dear Mark and Tony,

I agree with the poster above and think an appeal would be futile,please do not waste a grand and on this occasion i will not be making a financial contribution towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post

Dear Micky,

I agree with the poster above please do not bring in another central defender to replace Pawlett at Ibrox on Sunday,just carry the last two game formation to Glasgow.
    In season 66/67 the all conquering Glasgow Celtic done the Treble and added the European Cup for good measure.In the league that season they lost only two games to one team and they were called Dundee United FC,FACT.
    Just go there and tell the players to be brave and quote the Boat on season 66/67.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Expect nothing from the game so a good, battling performance will be a bonus. Any points we take would be amazing. They have an unbelievable home record that they wont want any blemishes on. I think they've won every game and only conceded once... thats f ucking mental. The c unts.

Yes they do but I mind the week of weeks in April 2005 when we were 9 pts behind the fun and bottom with a game in hand

We went to ibrox midweek 3 days after beating Hibs in the cup semi at Hampden and won 1-0, they had won every home league game until then and went onto win the league

A few days later we beat Hearts at home with a last minute brebner winner (scenes) as the fun got routed 5-0 in Dunfermline

Anyway point is, doesn't matter that they have won every home game and are unbeaten in the league, we have always had a tendency to pull off a result against the old club when not expected, should be no different with Sevco

I think a good thing about Micky is that he will change formation to suit the match.

I’m not sure if Appere would be best up with shanks or if Clark should play number 10 at ibrox. Don’t want shanks isolated though, want someone with him.

Do not want anyone played out of position.

I think might be better to have Bolton play if Pawlett suspended. Still need some width in midfield

4-4-2 might be good as with Sporle and Bolton out wide have double defensive cover

Something like

Benji
    Smith Reynolds Edwards Robson
    Bolton Fuchs Butch Sporle
    Shanks Appere

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Yes they do but I mind the week of weeks in April 2005 when we were 9 pts behind the fun and bottom with a game in hand

We went to ibrox midweek 3 days after beating Hibs in the cup semi at Hampden and won 1-0, they had won every home league game until then and went onto win the league

A few days later we beat Hearts at home with a last minute brebner winner (scenes) as the fun got routed 5-0 in Dunfermline

Anyway point is, doesn't matter that they have won every home game and are unbeaten in the league, we have always had a tendency to pull off a result against the old club when not expected, should be no different with Sevco
    Remember that week well lol especially ipox duff scores early and tony bullock unbelievable that night shooty in for about 85 mins and I’m singing “are you watching Sven” lol that was one of my best nights there and I’ve only seen us lose once 😂 there 🤣🤣🤣😁

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)