+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Fulham Match Preview

Berg back in the treatment room, Brady utter feckin bobbins, why don't we just cut our losses on those two and get rid.

I thought Ash got a bit lucky with his goal, he didn't control the cross at all well, it squirted out to his left, but it wrong-footed the keeper and left him with virtually an open goal. If he had brought it under close control he'd have had the keeper right in front of him, I'm not sure he'd have found the back of the net then.

A gutsy performance without hitting the heights. A win on Saturday and we will be breathing much more easily.

That's followed by four tough looking games so we are not out of the woods yet by any means.

I thought Long had a very good game - he rarely lets us down. Good 90 minutes for Taylor as well, but he looked a little rusty.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Berg back in the treatment room, Brady utter feckin bobbins, why don't we just cut our losses on those two and get rid.

I thought Ash got a bit lucky with his goal, he didn't control the cross at all well, it squirted out to his left, but it wrong-footed the keeper and left him with virtually an open goal. If he had brought it under close control he'd have had the keeper right in front of him, I'm not sure he'd have found the back of the net then.
    The ball ended up in the back of their net and that is all that matters.
    Their goal was extremely fortunate but it did not give them the 3 points and that is what matters.

Brownhill getting a bit of unexpected game time was a good thing, Kevin Long performing well was another.
    We really should have won, but we didn't but we still maintained the distance between us and Fulham.
    Players will pick up injuries withthe way games are coming thick and fast and none of them get injured on purpose, it is the nature of the game. HOwever, we do then start to query backbone!

What's up with JBG this time?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    No idea, the poor lad is just an injury waiting to happen every time he comes onto the pitch. As Sub says in his post, no one gets injured on purpose, but some players are far more prone to getting injured than others and Berg unfortunately is one of them. Apparently we can't afford to run a big squad, so we need more durable players than Berg is. We need to get rid, the finances dictate it.

Having said the above, I like him, I think he's a clever player, makes the most of his attributes, I'd play him every game, but what use is a player who spends most of the season in an ice bath ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No idea, the poor lad is just an injury waiting to happen every time he comes onto the pitch. As Sub says in his post, no one gets injured on purpose, but some players are far more prone to getting injured than others and Berg unfortunately is one of them. Apparently we can't afford to run a big squad, so we need more durable players than Berg is. We need to get rid, the finances dictate it.

Having said the above, I like him, I think he's a clever player, makes the most of his attributes, I'd play him every game, but what use is a player who spends most of the season in an ice bath ?
    Totally agree sinkov, some of his forays interlinked with Lowton's forward movement are a joy to watch, but robust he is certainly not.

If, if, if.

If he could have kept fit these last couple of years he would be very highly regarded by now and would be tempting the bigger clubs.

I really hope he gets back to full fitness and stays there.

I remember thinking the same about Defour.

Broke his toenail.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Broke his toenail.
    He has more breakdowns than my dad's old Vauxhall Viva.

Totally agree sinkov, some of his forays interlinked with Lowton's forward movement are a joy to watch, but robust he is certainly not.
    If you added up all his good 15 mins that he’s ever had for us ( most he ever contributed) you’d be lucky to get 10 full games out of him since he joined,

I’ve said before he’s talented but would rather drift into the background than ever really make a name for himself.

Just have a think about how many times you’ve thought he’s outstanding- there isn’t many

And to top all that he’s a sick note and has been for two years - we give him another two years - Brilliant.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)