+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Pluto a planet?

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    The simple answer is no its a dog.

What is a dog?

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Are the books a straight copy of the tv series?
    No Chalky, after the two writers went their separate ways they both wrote books associated with the series. Used to also have them on CD and listen in the car with the kids. No longer have then unfortunately

Try:
    Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers
    Last Human
    Last edited by griff; 16-02-2021 at 02:15 PM.

have any craters ever been found to show where the asteroid landed and let's not forget that it was God who sent it in the first place
    The Chicxulub crater, is centred on the Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico.
    https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/how-a...dinosaurs.html
    Last edited by 6EQUJ5; 16-02-2021 at 05:31 PM.

What is a dog?
    Pluto

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Pluto
    FFS,it went straight over my head 😂

No Chalky, after the two writers went their separate ways they both wrote books associated with the series. Used to also have them on CD and listen in the car with the kids. No longer have then unfortunately

Try:
    Last Human
    Cheers griff,I knew that they had a falling out but I didn't know that they was both writing separately

Quote Originally Posted by 6EQUJ5 View Post
    The Chicxulub crater, is centred on the Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico.
    https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/how-a...dinosaurs.html
    Very interesting,thanks

No come you know so much about space 6EQUJ5? Is it more than a hobby?

It's just an interest. I often have http://astronomy.fm/ on my PC and when I either go to bed early or cannot sleep I listen to it on my internet radio.

I just regard this interest as an ordinary extension of the basic need to know about my town, county, region, country, planet, galaxy, universe etc.

Without being confident at all that I would get a reply I began to ask questions by email to a top physicist (& expert in several other sciences) and a couple of the senior astronomers at SETI (Mountain View / Hat Creek in the USA). I do not trouble these people more than maybe twice a month. They do answer questions. Hat Creek is where the radio telescopes are located, necessarily in a high and quiet area out of the way with no radio traffic that could badly effect these radio telescopes. Mountain View is 300 miles away where the astronomers control the radio telescopes. They only go to Hat Creek for publicity purposes and to make documentaries. The radio telescopes make for more interesting viewing than the office at Mountain View. This office is in Silicon Valley and SETI folk often go down the road to Microsoft to give public lectures which are put onto the internet. Microsoft have good lecture theatre facilities.

Paul Allen (deceased joint founder of Microsoft) in 2009 paid for the radio telescopes and the necessary computer hardware and software at Hat Creek, a cost of 25 million dollars. There are 42 small radio telescopes which the software can make into one big telescope. But they can also be split into a maximum of 4 groups so that each group can be pointed in a different direction. Each group can be any number of telescopes such that the total number does not exceed 42, i.e 6, 10, 7 and 19.

Try:
    Last Human
    That's strange,I put a post on here about Red Dwarf and now I'm getting news updates about Naylor taking Grant to court over the programme,coincidence?

Also I've been hit by those f@#king adverts again that block my whole screen,for some reason I haven't seen them for the past couple of months and now they are back with a vengeance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)