+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No top 10 for us !!

No top 10 for us !!

Thom Gibbs, Senior Sports Writer at the Daily Telegraph has compiled a list of the '10 strangest results of the Premier League season so far'.

The strangest thing about it is that neither our win at Arsenal, nor our win at Liverpool are in it. If those two don't qualify, it must be a strange old Alice in Wonderland world Thom lives in then.

Now isnt that strange Sinkov, be nice to see games he thought were strange results, have you got a link Sinkov ?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ue-season-far/

It's possibly behind a paywall Alto, if you can't access it I'll list the games. His reasoning is a bit whimsical, some of them are strange games and scorelines, rather than strange results. To be honest, as I went through the games and got closer to No1 without our win at Anfield being mentioned, I was convinced it must be No 1, but no, it was Villa 7 Liverpool 2, a strange one indeed, but FFS so was our win at Liverpool.

Thanks Sinkov, I viewed it, perhaps we are not fashionable enough

Some paywall's and A D Bl o ck ers can be navigated around if you scroll down on the page as soon as it appears, it does not work all the time but sometimes it does.

I've read pressing Esc as a page is loading can evade a paywall, but I haven't tried it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Thom Gibbs, Senior Sports Writer at the Daily Telegraph has compiled a list of the '10 strangest results of the Premier League season so far'.

The strangest thing about it is that neither our win at Arsenal, nor our win at Liverpool are in it. If those two don't qualify, it must be a strange old Alice in Wonderland world Thom lives in then.
    Agreed. One chaps opinion I suppose, but how did he fail to mention two of our wins?

Liverpool 0 Burnley 1. First defeat at Anfield for Liverpool since 1787.

Burnley 1 MK Dons 1 (Burnley win on pens) Burnley NEVER beat a lower ranked team in a cup competition.

.....could be something in their run of play before We played them ?

or - is it that they just dont like us.

This Premier League season hates narratives. Whether it’s the more congested schedule, the lack of crowds or the result of a hex placed on the top flight by a sinister cabal of scorned former managers, it has been difficult to depend on anything in 2020/21.
    Liverpool started with a stutter, became briefly great just before Christmas and have now fallen off a cliff.
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looked like a joke in early November, a potential title winner by January and now whatever you call someone who beats Southampton 9-0 but only draws with West Brom.
    Leeds make no sense whatsoever.
    An unpredictable season means we’ve had more than the usual amount of surprising results. The time has come to put them into order of merit.

Here’s the top 10:

10. Aston Villa 3 Southampton 4, 1 November 2020

9. Brighton 3 Wolves 3, 2 January 2021

8. West Brom 0 Leeds 5, 29 December 2020

7. Everton 0 Fulham 2, 14 February 2021

6. Liverpool 4 Leeds 3, 12 September 2020

5. Man Utd 1 Sheffield United 2, 27 January 2021

4. Man Utd 9 Southampton 0, 2 February 2021

3. Man City 2 Leicester City 5, 27 September 2020

2. Man Utd 1 Tottenham Hotspur 6, 4 October 2020

1. Aston Villa 7 Liverpool 2, 4 October 2020

Which omission from this list has offended you most? Or are you in complete agreement with it? Let us know in the comments section below.

9 comments.

3 say.

It's a tribute to the fantastic job that Sean Dyche has done at Burnley, that neither Burnley's 1-0 win at Anfield, nor their 1-0 win at the Emirates in December merit inclusion in this list .

Absolutely

Liverpool 0 Burnley 1

if you use Firefox - look for "bypass paywalls extension."

Last edited by Norder; 16-02-2021 at 11:16 PM.

It certainly is a strange season results wise, I put it down to playing in empty stadiums, no passion, no atmosphere and almost all the games look like practice matches to me.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)