+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Call to Arms

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    F me dead my history is bad I thought Robin Hood was English.
    Just thought I’d keep it simple for the benefit of the English.

Still around, although not as much, I have learnt to bide the posters who like to wind us Leeds fans up when its clear they claim to be Leeds but are not, Just dont bother with a reply its that simple,

Loving life in the prem, Highs and lows but hey we are Leeds, Whatever the result i cant wait for the next game, Cant remember the last time i said that as a Leeds fan,

As for posters leaving the forum or taking extended breaks please dont, as i alluded to above just do not reply.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Still around, although not as much, I have learnt to bide the posters who like to wind us Leeds fans up when its clear they claim to be Leeds but are not, Just dont bother with a reply its that simple,

Loving life in the prem, Highs and lows but hey we are Leeds, Whatever the result i cant wait for the next game, Cant remember the last time i said that as a Leeds fan,

As for posters leaving the forum or taking extended breaks please dont, as i alluded to above just do not reply.
    I think the thing is Pete that some come on here to wind others up - and succeed, for example that knob from Aus [No, not the real fan who has been here for years - the recent wind up merchant] the one with the kiddy cartoon Avatar - who can't wait for us to fail, and when he gets into an argument just go off on some dyslexic rant that is almost impossibler to follow, others simply like to put Posters with differing opinions down, the majority get on reasonably well, but unfortunately when some pick up on every comment made it becomes not worth the effort - so as per Rev, Mrs O and Now Hopeless - they simply stop posting. I have reduced my imput of late for the same reason and have noticed quite a few others though still here tend not to bother so much.

Over the last few years I've had more than my share of spats with WTF, But despite comments I have made in the past I do understand that he is a genuine LUFC fan like most on here,. but just likes to take a different view and sticks to his principals - without neccessarily putting others down - to the point I usually enjoy reading his posts.

Each to their own I suppose.

Have to agree with you mate about enjoying this season on the pitch though - the only real dissapointment to me is being unable to get to ER [Though not a ST holder for 10 years now I DID get to about 10 games per season] and take in the atmosphere of our first season in the Prem for 16 long years, amazing how much we realise we took for granted before this fecking pandemic hit.
    Last edited by Tichi1; 18-02-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    I think the thing is Pete that some come on here to wind others up - and succeed, for example that knob from Aus [No, not the real fan who has been here for years - the recent wind up merchant] the one with the kiddy cartoon Avatar - who can't wait for us to fail, and when he gets into an argument just go off on some dyslexic rant that is almost impossibler to follow, others simply like to put Posters with differing opinions down, the majority get on reasonably well, but unfortunately when some pick up on every comment made it becomes not worth the effort - so as per Rev, Mrs O and Now Hopeless - they simply stop posting. I have reduced my imput of late for the same reason and have noticed quite a few others though still here tend not to bother so much.

Over the last few years I've had more than my share of spats with WTF, But despite comments I have made in the past I do understand that he is a genuine LUFC fan like most on here,. but just likes to take a different view and sticks to his principals - without neccessarily putting others down - to the point I usually enjoy reading his posts.

Each to their own I suppose.

Have to agree with you mate about enjoying this season on the pitch though - the only real dissapointment to me is being unable to get to ER [Though not a ST holder for 10 years now I DID get to about 10 games per season] and take in the atmosphere of our first season in the Prem for 16 long years, amazing how much we realise we took for granted before this fecking pandemic hit.
    Seriously you are the biggest d-ck head I have ever come across now go back to the bathroom and play with it.

People leave this forum because of some idiots that spoil it for others.
    Real Leeds fans overseas get up at all hours of the day to watch their team play I doubt any non-supporter would.
    Real supporters tell it as it is.
    If your an idiot please stop posting you are embarrassing yourself and just in case your not an idiot well you are a poor example of a human being.
    Now, where was I oh yeah Leed is shyte Leeds don't deserve to be in this league Hope Leeds goes down Hope Leeds ER burn down might get better grass coverage from regrowth lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    People leave this forum because of some idiots that spoil it for others.
    Real Leeds fans overseas get up at all hours of the day to watch their team play I doubt any non-supporter would.
    Real supporters tell it as it is.
    If your an idiot please stop posting you are embarrassing yourself and just in case your not an idiot well you are a poor example of a human being.
    Now, where was I oh yeah Leed is shyte Leeds don't deserve to be in this league Hope Leeds goes down Hope Leeds ER burn down might get better grass coverage from regrowth lol.
    Not quite sure what the reference to overseas fans getting up at all hours to watch Leeds is meant to prove/point make? A Leeds match is a singular occasion, and if you prefer to get the "Leeds fix" as it happens, then getting out of bed is sometimes a pre-requisite, no matter where you are.

However the forum is here 24/7, 365 days a year, and folks can come and go at their convenience, not that of the broadcasters, and they are equally likely to elect to come and go not just on the basis of convenience, but the level of discourse to be had here,

As I've said in other posts, I'm no saint when it comes to "spats" (As Tich put it), but have come to the conclusion that I can use Gods favourite language, Queens English, without having to include (too many) obscenities, nor gratuitous insults (you know what they are, obviously), and if that has the effect of encouraging more folks to post, that's fine by me.

Real supporters do, and should, "tell it like it is", but what I don't understand is why you interpret that as requiring schoolyard behaviour. Discuss robustly the performance of players, team as a whole, tactics, coaching, state of the pitch at ER, but just because someone differs in their opinion of any or all of those things, why resort to juvenile name calling?

As others on here have said (on this and other threads), the season has been better than any of us could realistically have expected (me for one!), and it's a real delight to hear just about everyone who is paid good money to converse about Premiership football say that the one team they ALL look forward to watching is Leeds, no matter who the opponents are, or whether we win or lose (we don't draw that often). We are the neutrals favourite team (when has that EVER been said about Leeds???). We will not only survive into next season in the PL, we will do it comfortably. So WTF is there to go off one one calling others names?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not quite sure what the reference to overseas fans getting up at all hours to watch Leeds is meant to prove/point make? A Leeds match is a singular occasion, and if you prefer to get the "Leeds fix" as it happens, then getting out of bed is sometimes a pre-requisite, no matter where you are.

However the forum is here 24/7, 365 days a year, and folks can come and go at their convenience, not that of the broadcasters, and they are equally likely to elect to come and go not just on the basis of convenience, but the level of discourse to be had here,

As I've said in other posts, I'm no saint when it comes to "spats" (As Tich put it), but have come to the conclusion that I can use Gods favourite language, Queens English, without having to include (too many) obscenities, nor gratuitous insults (you know what they are, obviously), and if that has the effect of encouraging more folks to post, that's fine by me.

Real supporters do, and should, "tell it like it is", but what I don't understand is why you interpret that as requiring schoolyard behaviour. Discuss robustly the performance of players, team as a whole, tactics, coaching, state of the pitch at ER, but just because someone differs in their opinion of any or all of those things, why resort to juvenile name calling?

As others on here have said (on this and other threads), the season has been better than any of us could realistically have expected (me for one!), and it's a real delight to hear just about everyone who is paid good money to converse about Premiership football say that the one team they ALL look forward to watching is Leeds, no matter who the opponents are, or whether we win or lose (we don't draw that often). We are the neutrals favourite team (when has that EVER been said about Leeds???). We will not only survive into next season in the PL, we will do it comfortably. So WTF is there to go off one one calling others names?
    Well, I think it well in everyone's rights to defend themselves. He takes potshots at me all the time he just can't help himself.
    Secondly, Who in their right mind would wake up at 1 am 2 am 3 am just to watch a team they hate and come on a forum just to cause problems. Surely they can wait till a reasonable time to do that.
    You must have short memory cause when you were been potshoted I was there defending you not cause I felt sorry but because of what you were trying to say and were saying I believed.
    That same person above was one of them now he is saying he understands you lol.
    And lastly, name one post of me that I started which attacked anyone, and btw I meant every word prior that dude isn't fit to be called a human being.
    The last point you made why you asking me go ask the ones that can't help themselves.
    I have stopped posting regularly to give him a break even though you can just not read my posts but he just can't help himself.

We’re going to need a bigger naughty step at this rate...

Actually I think everyone is a fan on here.
    We just all talk schitt at different levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Actually I think everyone is a fan on here.
    We just all talk schitt at different levels.
    Kind of where I arrived at round about Christmas time. Moved on from the "defend myself" scenario that Ozleeds refers to, read all posts (well, nearly), reply to the ones I want to reply to, and not the ones I don't, but wont be "flouncing" or departing any other way.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)