+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Denial

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I'm trying not to think about that. The contrast between where we could have been a couple of years from now had the takeover happened and where we could actually be if things continue as they are is about as stark as you could get.

if we go down this season-and the size of that 'if' is getting smaller and smaller with every passing game-I think we could do a sunderland and pass right through the Chimpo into League 1. The squad and the circumstances are so different from the previous two times under fatso that I don't see what there is to stop that happening.
    it certainly looks bleaker than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    even paddy power

https://www.facebook.com/paddypower
    You have to admire Newcastle's unwavering belief in the inability of the teams in the relegation zone to get enough points to overtake them.
    HOPE despite the evidence. Rather than hope because of the evidence.

Its desperate to look at our current available players. We have a forward line who cant score, midfield lacking in any form of creativity & a defence which is disorganised & leaking goals at a rate of knots.Add to that a coach who is in denial & an owner who couldn't care less & we have the recipe for capitulation of the highest order.Sad sad situation.

I'm trying not to think about that. The contrast between where we could have been a couple of years from now had the takeover happened and where we could actually be if things continue as they are is about as stark as you could get.
    I think if it does happen and it looks more and more likely, that will actually break enough fans forever from the club.

if we go down this season-and the size of that 'if' is getting smaller and smaller with every passing game-I think we could do a sunderland and pass right through the Chimpo into League 1. The squad and the circumstances are so different from the previous two times under fatso that I don't see what there is to stop that happening.
    Same, I don't think we'd come straight back up anyway.

You just wonder if Bruce would have lasted this long if there'd been fans in the ground?

Moot point, I know and maybe it would have just garnered more sympathy for him from his media buddies. Mind, he's already had a proper go at us despite no-one being at the games so God only knows what he would have said about the abuse he would inevitably have got.

You just wonder if Bruce would have lasted this long if there'd been fans in the ground?

Moot point, I know and maybe it would have just garnered more sympathy for him from his media buddies. Mind, he's already had a proper go at us despite no-one being at the games so God only knows what he would have said about the abuse he would inevitably have got.
    He surely wouldn't have been able to live with it. He would have buckled under the amount of DESERVED abuse that would have been hurled throughout the total time of the game.

Hey. it's all gonna be ok.

Bruce says there are 6 or 7 in the mix and he's quietly confident we can finish above them.

So, assuming he's surely not including Sheff Utd, West Brom and Fulham in those 6 or 7 (because they're not, to use his phrase, looking over their shoulder because they're the ones actually in the relegation spots) then that means he thinks we can finish above, deep breath...Brighton, Burnley, Southampton, Palace, Wolves, Arsenal, Leeds.

What a fucking knacker.

Hey. it's all gonna be ok.

Bruce says there are 6 or 7 in the mix and he's quietly confident we can finish above them.

So, assuming he's surely not including Sheff Utd, West Brom and Fulham in those 6 or 7 (because they're not, to use his phrase, looking over their shoulder because they're the ones actually in the relegation spots) then that means he thinks we can finish above, deep breath...Brighton, Burnley, Southampton, Palace, Wolves, Arsenal, Leeds.

What a fucking knacker.
    Then if that's the case he's confident of finishing in the top half. he most probably still believes in fairies too.

The players like Bruce because they get a lot of free time to play golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    The players like Bruce because they get a lot of free time to play golf.
    Shelvey says he's the best man manager he's had.

Aye, righto...nowt to do with the fact that Bruce plays him when he should be nowhere near the first team.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)