+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reeves

Reeves

interesting post match comments from him regarding his goal; said it swerved so much as the ball was a bit flat. Also said that the Notts players had been on the the ref to change the ball for one of their own, but he refused as it would give Notts an unfair advantage. Sort of backfired in the end though.

I thought it was a good insightful interview. A very honest appraisal which echoed the manager's post match comments. Both manager and players were clearly not happy with the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I thought it was a good insightful interview. A very honest appraisal which echoed the manager's post match comments. Both manager and players were clearly not happy with the performance.
    And rightly so by the sounds of it.
    It was refreshing to hear the grass wsnt at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    And rightly so by the sounds of it.
    It was refreshing to hear the grass wsnt at fault.
    It was the ball this time!!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    It was the ball this time!!
    Look, some clubs have had to cut back on their expenses. Not their fault they can't afford the extra air.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Look, some clubs have had to cut back on their expenses. Not their fault they can't afford the extra air.
    Or a lawnmower. Tut tut Dover Athletic shame on you

I suppose that's inflation!

Hmmm...
    Notts lead the league in possession stats, a non-standard ball would be a bit of an equaliser.
    That's why Notts were asking the ref to change
    Nice ruse, if it was one, and sweet it backfired on them

Check out the goal video on the other thread. Wow, that ball was flat....Reeves wasn't kidding

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Check out the goal video on the other thread. Wow, that ball was flat....Reeves wasn't kidding

I noticed it had that slightly 'hollow' sound when players feet made contact with it. Reminded me of when I was a kid playing footy with any old chit we could get our hands, (feet) on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast