+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sparklehorse.

Sparklehorse.

Somehow passed me by 20 years ago, now catching up, can't get enough of them, wonderful stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4G-...l=AntonKeulers

It's sad when a good musician/vocalist kills themselves, it's such a waste of talent and you know nothing else will be coming out. I only really started listening to Amy Winehouse shortly before she died and you just wish she had been able to produce more. At least my other musical love Leonard Cohen left a sh!tload of good stuff for me to get lost in.

I must admit that I have never listened to any of their work, and, after listening to a bit of the link, I really like it.

Thanks for putting it up Mon Ami - you will educate me yet

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I must admit that I have never listened to any of their work, and, after listening to a bit of the link, I really like it.

Thanks for putting it up Mon Ami - you will educate me yet
    I doubt it.

I know your feelings Sinkov, I watched a recording video of an old man in the Turkish Airlines VIP Lounge in Istanbul in a small musical room, I knew I knew him from somewhere but could not put a name to the now old looking man, strange enough I passed through Istanbul airport 2 years later (about 8 years ago) and again ventured into the auditorium, and he was on screen again, I asked a man sweeping the floor if he could turne the volume up and he said yes but he never did, I wrote down some of the words he was singing and when I got home I went on YouTube and found out it was Leonard Cohen, he cannot sing for Toffee and most of his early stuff did not do anything for me, but he aged and I found that I loved 98% of his music, even his earlier work seemed better with his old deep voice, its not everyone's cup of tea as most would call it "cut your wrists music", but his words have touched me more than anyone else's and I have spent a lot on all his music, poems, films and books.

Good lad Chris, I thought I was in a small minority but obviously not.

I have had a quick listed to Sparkelhorse Sinkov and like 59 I have not heard of them before, the bit I've listened to is interesting me, but I have to be in the mood to listen properly so I will listen when I'm mellow.

I know i've got a "Sparklehorse" album on one of my music sticks - a friend likes them, and I copied his CD, which one it was, I dont know.

dont know if you know "Low" - similar style...may like ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBtJpVY7NkE

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)