+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 6.....?

Top 6.....?

I doubt that Rooney has given up on this season yet.........you never know.....

Quote Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
    I doubt that Rooney has given up on this season yet.........you never know.....
    I agree regarding Rooney

I think we’ll finish 7th

If only we'd beaten Rotherham twice instead of losing twice, we'd be nearer playoffs than the dropzone. The world is full of ifs and buts....

I'd written any chanceof the PO's off but I thought, hell, the subject has been broached, let's have a look at it.....

We are currently 15 points off 6th with a game in hand and we have 17 games to go. We could get as many as 85 points should we win all 17..... not likely though. Looking more sensibly at things, we need to average 0.8823 points per game more than Bournemouth, the team currently in 6th place, to make the playoffs. They have averaged 1.633 points per game so far this season. To, theoretically get above them and into the PO's, provided of course nobody else has a great run into the PO's, we need to average 2.5153 points per game from our last 17 games. That would see us on 77 points..........

I'd love to see us do it but, realistically, it's well into Jackanory territory.

Phew, we climb to the dizzy heights of 17th and suddenly it's 'Roy of the Rovers' time!
    The Chuckle Brothers couldn't even make this one up!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Phew, we climb to the dizzy heights of 17th and suddenly it's 'Roy of the Rovers' time!
    I will be happy with any position from 21st upwards!

Exactly. A lucky win against the bottom club and...well it’s just nonsense isn’t it?

Anything less than four points from the next three matches and we’re in deep **** again.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I will be happy with any position from 21st upwards!
    Correct! What's needed for Safety?
    Posh went down with 54pts in 2012/13 but that was exceptional. 48 - 52 seems reasonable! However, let's go with the 54.
    To date: P29 Points 34,
    so we're looking at 20 more which should be more than enough.
    20 from 17 = say 1.2 points per game. However, I reckon a point a game may do so 1 to 1.2 meaning rA's four from three equals job done!
    Me, I'll take a point a game!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I will be happy with any position from 21st upwards as long as we're above the Red Dogs!
    I too would be happy with 21st and finishing above the Red Dogs.

Correct! What's needed for Safety?
    Posh went down with 54pts in 2012/13 but that was exceptional. 48 - 52 seems reasonable! However, let's go with the 54.
    To date: P29 Points 34,
    so we're looking at 20 more which should be more than enough.
    20 from 17 = say 1.2 points per game. However, I reckon a point a game may do so 1 to 1.2 meaning rA's four from three equals job done!
    Me, I'll take a point a game!
    I’m no mathematician, mac...as GP will readily testify, but my ‘four from (the next) three’ envisages more success against relegation rivals Huddersfield and Forest. I suspect we’ll get nothing tomorrow night - although you just never know with us - but the games against Keogh’s lot and Forest look increasingly like genuine 6 pointers.
    As you say...I’ll take a point a game from here on in and hope for a few more. Looking at the fixtures I reckon we’ll finish on 53 and stay up.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-02-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)