+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NL to continue!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    but we are in a great position to become the World's Oldest Football League Club again. I just hope we saved the banner!
    As I understand it was just covered up

Quote Originally Posted by Biker9999 View Post
    I find the whole thing really worrying. If our Dover result stands we have lost 3 points but what if Dover field a really weak side against one of our competitors for promotion and that competitor wins say 10-0 if it gets really tight and goal differnce counts, things could get really unfair especially if fielding weak teams in the bottom half of the division becomes normal. Am I right in my assumption?
    We still have a game against them.

Not aimed at you but someone put something about 2 of our next 10 games being against sides near the bottom and questioning integrity. What about when we play them in our last 10 games?

The league is still in the hands of each team near the top.

Good news but going to be interesting to see how the teams who voted against deal with games. Fingers crossed though we get over the line this season COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Good news but going to be interesting to see how the teams who voted against deal with games. Fingers crossed though we get over the line this season COYP.
    If we get to May and are still playing and we are either top or thereabouts, we have 3 of the current bottom 4 in consecutive games before hosting Bromley on the last day. I would fancy us big time.

I suspect some of those final fixtures may not happen. I can't see Dover playing any more games, and suspect one or two others might also follow suit, mainly those clubs at the wrong end of the table.

If teams furlough staff and simply put out a side to make up the numbers they should be expelled from the league and all results regarding them removed pure and simple. There are financial resources available for teams to get through this whether they choose to access them is up to them.

Well it’s fantastic news for Notts as we’re genuinely in a very good position to get promoted, who knows what will happen with other clubs or covid maybe cutting the season short, i actually think we might get it finished, just got to do exactly the same as the last few games by ignoring the noise outside and grinding out results.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Well it’s fantastic news for Notts as we’re genuinely in a very good position to get promoted, who knows what will happen with other clubs or covid maybe cutting the season short, i actually think we might get it finished, just got to do exactly the same as the last few games by ignoring the noise outside and grinding out results.
    The compression of the fixtures should be beneficial to us with our squad depth. Most clubs don't have the capacity to rotate and cover injuries like we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We still have a game against them.

Not aimed at you but someone put something about 2 of our next 10 games being against sides near the bottom and questioning integrity. What about when we play them in our last 10 games?

The league is still in the hands of each team near the top.
    That was me. My point being that if the funding issue is resolved in the meantime said clubs could start to play stronger teams again which would actually go against us consideing how our fixtures are laid out. It's all supposition at the moment but the NL need to be tough and impose sanctions on any clubs that fail to fulfill a fixture using first team players . . . if they cannot do this due to financial constraints then they should not be allowed to play at all, should be dropped from the competition and given a points deduction for the start of the next season. Failure to take this stance will indeed impact on the whole integrity of the competition.

So does this also mean that our next opponents in the FA trophy, Oxford City of NL South, will forfeit the match and we get a bye and more importantly another date to rearrange an outstanding fixture?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast