+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NL to continue!

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    So does this also mean that our next opponents in the FA trophy, Oxford City of NL South, will forfeit the match and we get a bye and more importantly another date to rearrange an outstanding fixture?
    Good point. A bye and a free date would be a big boost.

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    So does this also mean that our next opponents in the FA trophy, Oxford City of NL South, will forfeit the match and we get a bye and more importantly another date to rearrange an outstanding fixture?
    Good question I think certainly they will be allowed to play it as it’s a separate FA competition but I guess they will weigh up furloughing all the way through or taking players off it for a week to play it, not sureof the Gov rules around that.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Good question I think certainly they will be allowed to play it as it’s a separate FA competition but I guess they will weigh up furloughing all the way through or taking players off it for a week to play it, not sureof the Gov rules around that.
    Im expecting this. I know someone who works 3 days a week and is furloughed for the other two days so it must be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Good point. A bye and a free date would be a big boost.
    I guess they’ll play this because the prize money (although not much) and potential for another round makes it worthwhile. I’m sure I read a statement from another club saying they’ll not play league matches but would continue to play in the Trophy - though I can’t find that now and there’s limited clubs left in who may have stated that - Darlo or Hereford?

The ball is firmly in Ardleys court now, to prove he is a good Manager.

I think he has already proved that.

Has he? Must have been a sleep, didn't know we were back in the league

I have a vague recollection of some major league club deliberately fielding a second-string team in a league match so they could keep their first team fit for an important cup game. I believe they were breaking FA rules doing this and were punished. It was quite a few years ago but I think it might have been Leeds, under Don Revie.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I have a vague recollection of some major league club deliberately fielding a second-string team in a league match so they could keep their first team fit for an important cup game. I believe they were breaking FA rules doing this and were punished. It was quite a few years ago but I think it might have been Leeds, under Don Revie.
    Or,as they were then called,Dirty Leeds!!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    That was me. My point being that if the funding issue is resolved in the meantime said clubs could start to play stronger teams again which would actually go against us consideing how our fixtures are laid out. It's all supposition at the moment but the NL need to be tough and impose sanctions on any clubs that fail to fulfill a fixture using first team players . . . if they cannot do this due to financial constraints then they should not be allowed to play at all, should be dropped from the competition and given a points deduction for the start of the next season. Failure to take this stance will indeed impact on the whole integrity of the competition.
    I understand what you are saying. However, these teams at the bottom have zero incentive to pay players to play. None of them will be relegated. I suspect the NL stance will be that they simply fulfil the fixtures. Given the current climate it wouldn’t be right to impose sanctions on a club that decides it can’t afford to pay the wages but at least puts a side out. If you look at Macclesfield and Bolton last season, they used youth team players.

As for the FA trophy I think the clubs like Oxford will bring their strongest side possible. The players wouldn’t I imagine need much cajoling. I don’t know what the prize money is but I would suggest a few extra grand for the so called smaller clubs could keep them in business.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast