+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: NL to continue!

Quote Originally Posted by WADEAL View Post
    This won't happen. They might kick them out (Bury and Macclesfield in the football league set precedents for this) or more likely relegate them and deduct points next season, but the league rules suggest that the results of games played against them will stand and the league will award the opposition a result where fixtures are not fulfilled.

Where this has been done in the past, the award is normally a 3-0 win to the opposition. So, while it would be nice to find the 1-0 defeat we suffered at Dover expunged, along with Torquay's 2-0 win there (which would do us a big favour), it looks like these scores will stand.
    So possibly, if Dover are shoved out, clubs that haven't played them get awarded a 3-0 win per game not played? Six points guaranteed? And those that have played and beaten them twice lose their six points? Are goals scored for or against rubbed out too? This could make a difference when it comes to promotion and relegation. It's a bit tough if you've scored six against Dover but marvellous news if they knocked six past you.

I did say possibly, but you never know with the National League authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    So possibly, if Dover are shoved out, clubs that haven't played them get awarded a 3-0 win per game not played? Six points guaranteed? And those that have played and beaten them twice lose their six points? Are goals scored for or against rubbed out too? This could make a difference when it comes to promotion and relegation. It's a bit tough if you've scored six against Dover but marvellous news if they knocked six past you.
    I think the idea is that the results will stand in the 15 games Dover have completed, which is bad news for Notts because they beat us 1-0. The 3-0 wins would be awarded for any unfulfilled fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by WADEAL View Post
    This won't happen. They might kick them out (Bury and Macclesfield in the football league set precedents for this) or more likely relegate them and deduct points next season, but the league rules suggest that the results of games played against them will stand and the league will award the opposition a result where fixtures are not fulfilled.

Where this has been done in the past, the award is normally a 3-0 win to the opposition. So, while it would be nice to find the 1-0 defeat we suffered at Dover expunged, along with Torquay's 2-0 win there (which would do us a big favour), it looks like these scores will stand.
    I'd be interested to know where in the rules it says this.

My understanding is this:

National League Rule 12.9
    A Club which for any reason ceases to operate at any time during the Playing Season may have its playing record expunged, and any monies due to them from the Company shall be forfeited. From the date of the withdrawal no further payment shall become due to them. From the date of the withdrawal, that Club shall cease to be a member of the Company.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post

A Club which for any reason ceases to operate at any time during the Playing Season may have its playing record expunged, and any monies due to them from the Company shall be forfeited. From the date of the withdrawal no further payment shall become due to them. From the date of the withdrawal, that Club shall cease to be a member of the Company.
    I thought the '3-0 rule' kicked in when for some reason a club couldn't fulfill a 'single' fixture during a season? ie coach broke down, players went on strike, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I thought the '3-0 rule' kicked in when for some reason a club couldn't fulfill a 'single' fixture during a season? ie coach broke down, players went on strike, etc.
    Agreed gumpy. That's my understanding too.

Agreed gumpy. That's my understanding too.
    I hope that's correct.

We need a good bit of expunging!

That makes sense, as Dover haven't played 7 teams: those teams under the OP's system would gain 6 points; or if it went to PPG and results for matched played against Dover stood the 7 teams would benefit from an improved PPG over those who played Dover and lost.

Does anyone know which seven teams voted against?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456