+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NL to continue!

Cool NL to continue!

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  19.0 KB

Resolution Two (National League only)

In summary: The National League 2020/21 Playing Season (Step One) to be declared null and void. A minimum 51% majority was required for Resolution Two to pass.

National League: 7-13
    Result: Not Passed

As a result, the
    National League National Division
    will continue to operate
    for the remainder of the season

National League Statement in full...

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/national-league-statement-outcome-of-written-resol-65151
    Last edited by SwalePie; 18-02-2021 at 07:57 PM.

We'll meet again...

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    We'll meet again...

But hopefully, not after this season.

Great news on one hand but on the other clubs will possible field non competitive teams due to furloughing senior players unless the funding issue is resolved. That could massively impact on the integrity of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Great news on one hand but on the other clubs will possible field non competitive teams due to furloughing senior players unless the funding issue is resolved. That could massively impact on the integrity of the league.
    I'm not worried about the integrity of the competition... as long as we win it!

It’s in our own hands... win all our games and we would be promoted. Simple.

^^ Correct Answer ^^

Only 2 of Notts next 10 league games are against the teams that would have voted to end the season and likely to furlough players fielding under strength teams. Our competitors for promotion might be facing more of the teams likely to be under strength … none of this can be deemed acceptable or fair. There needs to be sanctions made against any club that intends to do this. It won’t be a level playing field unless the funding issue is resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It’s in our own hands... win all our games and we would be promoted. Simple.
    Pretty much my thoughts. The big thing is that the National League will continue and now we know that, the rest is up to us. To use a phrase I'm not keen on in other areas, we can take control of our own destiny. There are several permutations on what might happen with other clubs, but we are in a great position to become the World's Oldest Football League Club again. I just hope we saved the banner!

I find the whole thing really worrying. If our Dover result stands we have lost 3 points but what if Dover field a really weak side against one of our competitors for promotion and that competitor wins say 10-0 if it gets really tight and goal differnce counts, things could get really unfair especially if fielding weak teams in the bottom half of the division becomes normal. Am I right in my assumption?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast