+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gerrard- is he trying to deflect Rangers defeat onto a racism topic instead.

Gerrard- is he trying to deflect Rangers defeat onto a racism topic instead.

I watched Rangers get put out of the Europa Cup on Thursday by a very talented team, who recently ,also outclassed their neighbours across the other side of Glasgow. Like Celtic , Rangers were well beaten, and Gerrard and his great pretenders were not good enough to combat the skilful Czech Republic side. Since the game, all i’ve Heard about is alleged racial comments which were supposed to have been made, towards a Rangers player. These will obviously get investigated by the higher authorities, and hopefully a successful conclusion will be reached.I’m not sure they will reach a satisfactory conclusion for both sides, as it will be difficult to prove.
    In the meantime Gerrard is defending his team for all he is worth.What he should be doing is wondering why his team got knocked out by a team that were much better than his own. He should also be concerned about how his two players were sent off, when the occasion got too much for them. If anyone thinks they will do better in European footballt than their neighbours, next season , they had better think again. The way I see it, they will be making two quick exits in both competitions. Best of luck Stevie, you’re going to need it.

My thought exactly malwayne, this was straight out of the Mourinho playbook.

Whinging scouse git, springs to my mind.

I don't doubt he said something grossly offensive to the Rangers player and it will be impossible to prove. I agree the 2 sending offs are the issue Stevie G should be focussing on as he can do something about that.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)