+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: D'ya think Brucie will get the chop?

I know he's not everyone's favourite.

But, in a relegation battle I'd have Matt Ritchie ahead of St Maxi.

For some reason Id have Maxi in home games & Ritchie away.

Don't think Ashley will sack Bruce. He is an Ashley "yes" man. Only way Bruce leaves is after a takeover, god knows when that could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Alright, man...how you doing?

I think from your point of view, you'd naturally be thinking 'they won't go down' in the same way we'd be thinking that about you. Thing is, that doesn't take account of how truly appalling we are and, most importantly, the fact that Wilson is out for a long stretch. He is so important to us-he's been involved in almost 70% of our PL goals-that without him, we're less than the sum of our parts.

From what I can tell, your team is average for your league but with a couple of players who stand out at that level who will get you into the playoffs. Get promoted and, with your new fella in charge, it could be a turning point.

For us, everything hinges on two things-staying up and the takeover happening and both are firmly up in the air at the moment.

I'm fine, thanks...... had Covid which laid me low for a few weeks but up and running ( well, walking to be fair LOL! ).

I can't understand why a 22 year old billionaire to be would want to buy us...rich man's toys, I guess, but I'm grateful he has.

I think we'll struggle to go up, we have 3-4 Championship standard players but by far this is the poorest Sunderland team I've seen in 56 years of following us. If it wasn't for Charlie Wyke we'd be in lumber! Shame about Wilson, I like him and to be fair to Bruce he got a good player there for decent money.

It's so bl00dy frustrating for both teams to have such poor squads, ar$ehole owners ( I refer to Donald the con man not the new bloke ) and yet another season of ....well, nothingness.

Both sets of fans deserve something to brighten up the terrible times we're going through and footie should provide that and give us something to look forward to each week. Not a lot to ask, is it? I suppose we've got the Pizza Express or Domino's or Papa John's or whatever name it is Cup Final to look forward to :-) :-)

Crikey...glad you're on the mend, man.

Aye, I guess the jury's out on your new fella but he doesn't need the money so if he's bought it as a project then he's bound to invest. Plus, he'd have to go some to be as bad as Donald. Always amuses me when folk say to us 'be careful what you wish for' when talking about replacing Ashley, as if anyone is going to be worse!

well theres no point asking my opinion, i thought he would be gone before xmas and then by end of March at the latest.
    Cashley does not run this like a normal business, he takes risks and gambles and i have reached the conclusion he is a total imbecile.
    Its the people around him who advise him that have made him his money and thats why he sticks with them, its made him millions.
    However with us, he took advice from tossers who know the game maybe, but not this club and he will not deviate away from trusting the advice he gets until its smacking him in the face.

Takeover or not, id love to see him lose everything simply for his ignorance and arrogance

As far as I can see we don’t have many scrappers,fighters who will get stuck in,I don’t include, Fernandez, Dummett,Clark, in that btw,it’s the rest that worry me! I can see Parker telling his players that Ncle are a soft touch ,spineless ,we can catch them, come on lads let’s get stuck in. Can’t see our incumbent getting that inspirational,and we will be relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    As far as I can see we don’t have many scrappers,fighters who will get stuck in,I don’t include, Fernandez, Dummett,Clark, in that btw,it’s the rest that worry me! I can see Parker telling his players that Ncle are a soft touch ,spineless ,we can catch them, come on lads let’s get stuck in. Can’t see our incumbent getting that inspirational,and we will be relegated.
    No, Fulham and others will analyse us to the nth degree and exploit our weaknesses, meanwhile the cabbage will probably be playing 5-a-sides and head tennis in training.

I don't think he will in time.

I think if we're in the relegation zone with 5 games left, he might be but even then not convinced.

And nice to see you again Scaples.

We can easily go down. No, I don't think Bruceless will get the chop.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)