+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: D'ya think Brucie will get the chop?

Was just reading one of those stupid articles in The Mirror (via NewsNow) about who will replace Bruce. They’ve got 7 options on there including Pardew - yes Pardew! That would be priceless - exactly the kind of vindictive stunt Ashley would pull though
    Last edited by bix01; 22-02-2021 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Typo - need reading glasses but in denial!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    I know he's not everyone's favourite.

But, in a relegation battle I'd have Matt Ritchie ahead of St Maxi.
    Can't disagree with that Stan.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    Was just reading one of those stupid articles in The Mirror (via NewsNow) about who will replace Bruce. They’ve got 7 options on there including Pardew - yes Pardew! That would be priceless - exactly the kind of vindictive stunt Ashley would pull though
    Just when you think life couldn’t get any more absurd than it is at the moment... This would be the ultimate mindf*ck. And not unrealistic at all!

If Pardew came in as a manager, I would consider that to be the most dangerous variant of the Virus we’ve encountered so far.

I've just listened to his interview after the match and he's still blaming Rafa. The absolute cheek of this charlatan.

And the interviewers just lap it up...the BBC fella even thanked him for his honesty.

His HONESTY??????????????

When he said there's 7 or 8 teams looking over their shoulder (he'd changed it to 6 or 7 later) why didn't th interviewer just burst out laughing?? Even if you include us in that number, he was saying that Arsenal, Leeds, Wolves and Southampton are worried about relegation!!!

Thinking about it, the interviewer should have just said 'fuck off', packed up his mic and left when he said that.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Just when you think life couldn’t get any more absurd than it is at the moment... This would be the ultimate mindf*ck. And not unrealistic at all!

If Pardew came in as a manager, I would consider that to be the most dangerous variant of the Virus we’ve encountered so far.
    That indeed would be a killer virus.

Evening Geordies,
    Eddie Howe might be a long term solution, still 39ish points up for grabs, yes a new manager has to be worth a try!
    Take care now
    John....

In order to rid myself of the current gloom & immerse myself in nostalgia I dug out my Toon Newspaper Headlines book from 1905 onwards.Great snippets from the 50's & Fairs Cup exploits. Then I came to 2006 - an extract from the Mirror .... England looking for a new manager.FA appointed a 3 man committee to find Sven's replacement. Here were the English candidates..... Really ??????
    Sam Allardyce........ Steve McLaren........ Stuart Pearce .... & yes you guessed it Cabbageheed.
    This was the article on Bruce & I quote :
    ''Linked with both the England & Newcastle jobs Bruce's hopes of an eye catching victory over Arsenal were wrecked by record breaking Gunners striker Thierry Henry.Emmanuel Adebayor put Arsenal ahead before Henry settled it with his 200th goal for the club.
    Birmingham had Emile Heskey sent off & rarely troubled an Arsenal side missing several first choice defenders ''
    Somethings never change.... keep up the good work you clueless inept excuse for a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I've just listened to his interview after the match and he's still blaming Rafa. The absolute cheek of this charlatan.

And the interviewers just lap it up...the BBC fella even thanked him for his honesty.

His HONESTY??????????????

When he said there's 7 or 8 teams looking over their shoulder (he'd changed it to 6 or 7 later) why didn't th interviewer just burst out laughing?? Even if you include us in that number, he was saying that Arsenal, Leeds, Wolves and Southampton are worried about relegation!!!

Thinking about it, the interviewer should have just said 'fuck off', packed up his mic and left when he said that.
    ****. Absolute ****.

Although the way Saints are going, they might want to watch their back a little more.

But yes, principle of your point is absolutely bang on.

I think we are probably about 5 points short of what we needed by now and there were enough opportunities in those 25 games so far to have gained those points. Unfortunately with a manager who seemingly has special educational needs and an oaf of an owner of comedic proportions, we’ve bûggered it up big style and will probably continue to do so until oblivion.

He's in absolute denial.

Name:  t rex.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  78.9 KB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)