+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: D'ya think Brucie will get the chop?

D'ya think Brucie will get the chop?

I never see any "proper" rumours that Steve is actually about to get the sack.

As appalling and awful as we have been, the media do not seem create a stir regarding this, although I would say that it's more than overdue.

On the contrary, I just read that NUFC is "prepared to give Steve time" Isn't that all he's ever had???

Let's say we lose the next three games; do you think Local Steve will get the axe? Or are we genuinely going to be holding on to him, loss after loss, until the (extremely) bitter end?

Bruce is a bit of a ' media darling' in that he's good natured, easy going and plays the humble " canny Geordie lad " to a T. ( he played a slightly different tune when we had him at the SOL to be fair.).

Problem being IF Ashley sacks him who does he get in to replace him? Any incoming manager knows what to expect i.e. FCUK all help / zero or next to zero monetary support from FMA and you'd likely end up getting a lesser manager, trust me we know all about that, looking at the sub journeyman donkeys we've had the last few years.

You won't go down ( thanks to 3 very poor teams below you ) but unless FMA sells the club it'll be like Groundhog day each season.

There again, at least you're in the PL and not playing third tier $hite like we are. Just be pleased you're not able to go and see it live!

Quote Originally Posted by stillscalpels View Post
    Bruce is a bit of a ' media darling' in that he's good natured, easy going and plays the humble " canny Geordie lad " to a T. ( he played a slightly different tune when we had him at the SOL to be fair.).

Problem being IF Ashley sacks him who does he get in to replace him? Any incoming manager knows what to expect i.e. FCUK all help / zero or next to zero monetary support from FMA and you'd likely end up getting a lesser manager, trust me we know all about that, looking at the sub journeyman donkeys we've had the last few years.

You won't go down ( thanks to 3 very poor teams below you ) but unless FMA sells the club it'll be like Groundhog day each season.

There again, at least you're in the PL and not playing third tier $hite like we are. Just be pleased you're not able to go and see it live!
    Alright, man...how you doing?

I think from your point of view, you'd naturally be thinking 'they won't go down' in the same way we'd be thinking that about you. Thing is, that doesn't take account of how truly appalling we are and, most importantly, the fact that Wilson is out for a long stretch. He is so important to us-he's been involved in almost 70% of our PL goals-that without him, we're less than the sum of our parts.

From what I can tell, your team is average for your league but with a couple of players who stand out at that level who will get you into the playoffs. Get promoted and, with your new fella in charge, it could be a turning point.

For us, everything hinges on two things-staying up and the takeover happening and both are firmly up in the air at the moment.

As for your question. Hughie, I think we may well get rid of him but too late, just like the last two times.

If that did happen, then Bruce would be forever claiming he could have kept us up but never got the chance. Even now, he's still saying we're a work in progress, ffs...anything to deflect attention from his own failings.

Quote Originally Posted by stillscalpels View Post

Hey Scalpels! I agree with everything you're saying, except I think we are destined to go down.

The little luck we have had this season seems to have turned and with Bruce being without a clue, I cannot see us survive.

Fulham had a bad start, but they have a decent team and Scott Parker seems to be able to actually turn this around for them.

Well, something has to give before we get too close to the point of no return.

And a point or two past that spot is where Ashley usually thinks about making changes.

Too little too late as usual.

What worries me, is that Wilson's injury leaves us with only three fit strikers.

And I doubt, in the next eight weeks they will score more than six goals between them. Staring at relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    What worries me, is that Wilson's injury leaves us with only three fit strikers.

And I doubt, in the next eight weeks they will score more than six goals between them. Staring at relegation.
    It's criminal that bruce hasn't addressed the striker situation. gayle actually did well when football restarted but we all know he's Chimpo standard. Joe Sinton has been an unmitigated disaster-Riviere would have been just as much use and the whole Carroll thing has been an absolute waste of time and a waste of a squad place.

And Gayle's only use is as a finisher in the box so where does Mrs Doubtfire play him? On the wing. Of course he does.

It's all very well Bruce saying it's a chance for the others to step up and take their chance but what's changed to make them suddenly capable of this? Nothing...and , in fact, with our shite coaches, they've probably gone backwards. if they were capable of 'stepping up', they'd have done so before now.

It's not the teams who concede who go down, it's the teams who can't score. The 3 players we have on our books as strikers have 3 goals between them so far this season.

never mind staring at relegation, the way we're going we'll be warmly enbracing it.

I think, in order to stay up, we have to play our most stubborn players. The one's who we can rely on.

Possibly play the likes of Fernandez or Clarke out of position whilst filling the back four to grind out the points to get us to safety.

Carroll as a focal point. Get Matt Ritchie back in. Fraser.

Shelyeys finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    I think, in order to stay up, we have to play our most stubborn players. The one's who we can rely on.

Possibly play the likes of Fernandez or Clarke out of position whilst filling the back four to grind out the points to get us to safety.

Carroll as a focal point. Get Matt Ritchie back in. Fraser.

Shelyeys finished.
    Shelvey always looks as though he couldn't care less

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)