+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leeds Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    I’ve got to agree with all of that. VAR is a nonsense, and we’ve been victims of it enough times, Bamfords goal was onside and should’ve stood!

We’re improving, but riding our luck... I don’t think we’ve deserved the three points in any of the games we’ve won recently.
    Good open game all round, thought we where unlucky to lose - agree about Bamfords goal - and a draw would have been pretty fair, as someone said we do bring out the best in a lot of games as they tend to be end to end games full of excitement, Most Leeds fans will be happy to consolidate this season and stay up, having said that like EVERY footy fan hate losing, the game had DRAW all over it.

One thing irritates me has to be AVAR - Why can't they simplify the offside rule to say - If a part of either foot is offside then offside stands - otherwise not? lets face it currently it is so confusing with players being given offside for their arm/backside/knee etc etc being 2mm in front of the defender - what happened to the rule that the attacker should always be given the benefit of the doubt, and as Bamford said after having a goal against Palace chalked off for pointing to where he wanted the ball playing, you can't score with your hand so how can it be offside??

Anyway - good luck for the rest of the season - we are trying to emulate your situation from promotion to now, and fingers crossed it seems to be working.

ps - My Mrs team is Southampton who you beat last week - thought you got the luck there too - The penalty for handball against their defender from 2 yards was ridiculous, but then the ref didn't give the more obvious one against you from a free kick taken 30 yards away - VAR/Referees are killing the game IMO

Can't wait to get back into the grounds though - fingers crossed for next season.
    Last edited by Tichi1; 20-02-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Good open game all round, thought we where unlucky to lose - agree about Bamfords goal - and a draw would have been pretty fair, as someone said we do bring out the best in a lot of games as they tend to be end to end games full of excitement, Most Leeds fans will be happy to consolidate this season and stay up, having said that like EVERY footy fan hate losing, the game had DRAW all over it.

One thing irritates me has to be AVAR - Why can't they simplify the offside rule to say - If a part of either foot is offside then offside stands - otherwise not? lets face it currently it is so confusing with players being given offside for their arm/backside/knee etc etc being 2mm in front of the defender - what happened to the rule that the attacker should always be given the benefit of the doubt, and as Bamford said after having a goal against Palace chalked off for pointing to where he wanted the ball playing, you can't score with your hand so how can it be offside??

Anyway - good luck for the rest of the season - we are trying to emulate your situation from promotion to now, and fingers crossed it seems to be working.

ps - My Mrs team is Southampton who you beat last week - thought you got the luck there too - The penalty for handball against their defender from 2 yards was ridiculous, but then the ref didn't give the more obvious one against you from a free kick taken 30 yards away - VAR/Referees are killing the game IMO

Can't wait to get back into the grounds though - fingers crossed for next season.
    You’re off to a good start back in the Prem, next year may be harder. Agree with you about VAR it should only be there to correct an obvious mistake by the ref, all these marginal decisions are b*llocks. As for the handball rule this year... ball to hand should never be a penalty so I agree about the Bertrand decision in principle.

Good luck to you lot too, as long as you finish below us 👍

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    I’ve got to agree with all of that. VAR is a nonsense, and we’ve been victims of it enough times, Bamfords goal was onside and should’ve stood!

We’re improving, but riding our luck... I don’t think we’ve deserved the three points in any of the games we’ve won recently.
    Thought we deserved three points from each of the Tottenham and ManU matches but only got one from those two. Played mediocre and got a couple wins at other times. Funny old game

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Thought we deserved three points from each of the Tottenham and ManU matches but only got one from those two. Played mediocre and got a couple wins at other times. Funny old game
    You’re right, we could’ve got more out of both those games, I guess it all balances out?!

It is a total travesty that Traore did not get an assist for the goal!

I watched the match again yesterday and the linesman flagged for offside on the Bamford goal.. With out VAR it would not have been given. Football focus today also stated it was offside.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    I watched the match again yesterday and the linesman flagged for offside on the Bamford goal.. With out VAR it would not have been given. Football focus today also stated it was offside.
    Not arguing about it not being offside as the current rules seem to state - what the problem for me is - whether its Leeds or anyone else - Is the vagueness of the actual rules - no one seems to know for sure what the rule is, and it is open to so much interpretation that the ref's and VAR guy in Stokley Park can make it whatever they want. Why not have a simple definitionIt is pretty clear that the foot is the part of the body that counts - you can't score with your forearm afterall. that says for example - "If Any part of either FOOT of the attacker is beyond any part of the last defender, then the attacker is offside". END OF - bollox to all this arm above the sleeve/knee/left ear/ is 0.5mm offside VAR can call it.

Who says that the second the ball is played is always reflected in the stills? one frame earlier and it's onside, one later and it's offside..
    HATE FECKING VAR - Abolish it IMO - And nothing to do with the odd call that has gone against us, there are controversial VAR decisions in every bloody game every week - used to have maybe two controversial decisions a week using only the match officials.

Rant over!

I think you speak for a lot of people old son. For me it is not the only aspect of modern football that dispirits me but it is certainly the worst and actually the most curable. Just dump it! Arguments, controversy and discussions over decisions have been part of the game since its conception.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)