+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Southampton Game

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Def need to pick up another 5-6 points asap - injuries for sure not helping, but table suddenly seems much tighter, if we lose a couple, and Fulham win a couple, gap could be just 4 points.
    If, buts, maybe"s, i know, but the real hard work, still needs to be done.
    Part done tonight eh?

regarding Llorente, hes a genuine world class player, which will be revealed if he gets a run, maybe Leeds have to "take a chance" on his fitness, because he would be at Barça or bayern if that aspect of his makeup was better.
    Bielsa wont play the kids, we should be looking at that 5th spot while its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    regarding Llorente, hes a genuine world class player, which will be revealed if he gets a run, maybe Leeds have to "take a chance" on his fitness, because he would be at Barça or bayern if that aspect of his makeup was better.
    Bielsa wont play the kids, we should be looking at that 5th spot while its possible.
    Fully agree benidorm, I worry about another injury, its been no secret that Klich has been carrying a hip injury, he went off holding his hip tonight, For the first time in a long time Costa was brilliant tonight and completely changed the game, he doesnt seem to open his legs when he runs lol but hes very quick, also a mention to Hernandez i think he needs a run in the team, And Meslier for all the goals we have conceded thats 8 clean sheets...

got to admire Klich, that boy really wants to play, every week! think the club do him a disservice, when hes rested, and fresh he looks a different player.

Yep fresh and on form he is top notch - given how he plays he suffers when he doesn’t have quality around him as he is not a super creative player just good at what he does.

he looked worn out end of last season, and dont forget we went straight into this season without a summer break.

I see Romeu from Southampton is now out for the rest of the season. Will be interesting to see what level of blame is directed at our pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    I see Romeu from Southampton is now out for the rest of the season. Will be interesting to see what level of blame is directed at our pitch.
    Surface was the same for both teams (and will be again when Villa arrive tomorrow). Not saying there isn't an issue, but its the same for all who play on the pitch. Still say we should play all our home games away (or at least at another venue where the risk of injury is acceptable (which it isn't at ER right now).

I meant legally. Do they have an option if it was proven to be dangerous? Or do they basically sign a waiver when they agree to take the field??

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    I meant legally. Do they have an option if it was proven to be dangerous? Or do they basically sign a waiver when they agree to take the field??
    I have no experience in that area, but I suspect its a case as you say, or accepting (via waiver or some other mechanism), that you play wherever and whatever surface, as long as the ground is "certified" by the relevant authorities. We have played on some right ploughed fields, even in the recent past, not only back in the Revie days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)