+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Match Thread vs. Chesterfield 20.02.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Perhaps they don't play the first team purely in an attempt to stop people on here moaning about certain players not getting a chance to start games? I'm sure the management team keep a close eye on suggestions from NCM.

The other option of course is squad rotation, it'll never catch on.

Pedro there are also a fair few on here who respect the FA Trophy competition and are keen for Notts to do very well in it this season.

Not me but definitely others.
    I completely agree with you Laddo re the squad rotation , so how can someone make a statement that the club obviously cares about this competition.?
    if we cared that much the 1st team would be out there come what may.
    Could be a case of teams (Stockport) wanting to win it less than we did rather than the other way around, excluding Havant and Morpeth powerhouses of lower league football obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    So how do you know they take the competition seriously ?
    We are not throwing the 1st team at it , maybe Stockport wanted to win it less than we did.
    Good to see it doesn't interest you yet you feel the need to fight for its integrity.
    Will you go to Wembley (if allowed) if we get to the final? A lot of premier and championship teams don't put their first team out in the FA cup in the early rounds but do once a Wembley semi final comes calling. Are they interested? I am not fighting for its integrity but Notts don't actually play the youth team do they? Mind you I wouldn't lose any sleep if they were knocked out if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Will you go to Wembley (if allowed) if we get to the final? A lot of premier and championship teams don't put their first team out in the FA cup in the early rounds but do once a Wembley semi final comes calling. Are they interested? I am not fighting for its integrity but Notts don't actually play the youth team do they? Mind you I wouldn't lose any sleep if they were knocked out if that helps.
    I really don't see your point ?
    a poster said that Nott's were interested in this trophy , I don't see how he can say that with any certainty when we are not picking our 1st team squad for the games.
    yes I understand the variations in squad rotation and giving non playing players a game etc , but playing the 2nd string doesn't give a strong indication in anyway shape or form that they are interested in this tin pot cup.
    To make it even worse you then have people coming on trying to substantiate it when even they themselves couldn't give a to55 about it.
    In response No they are not otherwise they wouldn't put a weakened team out of course the closer to the final they get the more interested they are , Europe beckons !?
    No I wont be going thank you very much. I think I'm gouging my eyes out with a desert spoon that day !
    Do you think we are breaking our neck to get to this final or going through the motions ?
    I put it to you playing the 2nd string is more of an indication we couldn't care less, but what do I know I'm a fake doctor who was wrong about how Covid decimated our season (or was I)
    and anyway win lose or draw ......Ardley ball is the winner !

I'm going to suggest that Pedro cares too much about the FA Trophy certainly more than the club with how much he talks about it.

Personally I think it would be almost criminal not to rotate the squad and play the 1st team! That would leave me very annoyed, thankfully that hasn't been the case or even close.

Tonight's game is clearly the one "that matters", just like the league fixture earlier this season at Meadow Lane, that one also mattered. 1-0, very good tippy tappy team goal.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I really don't see your point ?
    a poster said that Nott's were interested in this trophy , I don't see how he can say that with any certainty when we are not picking our 1st team squad for the games.
    yes I understand the variations in squad rotation and giving non playing players a game etc , but playing the 2nd string doesn't give a strong indication in anyway shape or form that they are interested in this tin pot cup.
    To make it even worse you then have people coming on trying to substantiate it when even they themselves couldn't give a to55 about it.
    In response No they are not otherwise they wouldn't put a weakened team out of course the closer to the final they get the more interested they are , Europe beckons !?
    No I wont be going thank you very much. I think I'm gouging my eyes out with a desert spoon that day !
    Do you think we are breaking our neck to get to this final or going through the motions ?
    I put it to you playing the 2nd string is more of an indication we couldn't care less, but what do I know I'm a fake doctor who was wrong about how Covid decimated our season (or was I)
    and anyway win lose or draw ......Ardley ball is the winner !
    So you think the defence of Brindlley, Turner, Lacey and Barnett plus JoB, Sam and Knowles who are all playing or in the match day squad almost every game are so called second string?

The Notts starting XIs for that competition have been a real mix of first teamers, players coming back from injury, new signings, fringe players and bench warmers. Overall it's been a second string with a sprinkling of first team regulars. I've been very happy with the lineup selected by the Notts boss.

Notts probably care about the same as the other clubs in the league who have genuine desires of promotion this season, I'd be surprised if they all didn't take advantage of rotating the squad. Therefore a level playing field. I don't care too much about the competition but others do, I really don't see any issue at all.

Let's just hope we win the games regardless of the team selected.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'm going to suggest that Pedro cares too much about the FA Trophy certainly more than the club with how much he talks about it.

Personally I think it would be almost criminal not to rotate the squad and play the 1st team! That would leave me very annoyed, thankfully that hasn't been the case or even close.

Tonight's game is clearly the one "that matters", just like the league fixture earlier this season at Meadow Lane, that one also mattered. 1-0, very good tippy tappy team goal.
    I think you missed the bit where I said I'd rather gouge my eyes out...
    I think you will find that is a rather negative opinion of the build a bear cup...

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728